It appears Pakistan has failed to learn the lessons of Operation Sindoor, with Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) reportedly having rebuilt its infamous Markaz Subhanallah complex in Punjab province’s Bahawalpur, which was targeted by India during the May 2025 operation, sources said on Sunday. Multiple videos and imagery have surfaced which showed that the reconstruction work has been completed at the facility.
India TV has accessed the videos and imagery that revealed that the domes of the facility, and the inner central hall has been refurbished with freshly plastered walls, vibrant paint and imported marble.ย
The facility that is used by Masood Azhar’s Jaish, a US-designated terror organisation, was extensively damaged by the Indian Armed Forces during Operation Sindoor, and left with large and deep craters. However, the facility is fully operational barely 15 months after India’s strikes.
11 crore PKR used for Bahawalpur complex
Intelligence sources have told India TV that Jaish was given around 25 crore PKR by Pakistan in the aftermath of Operation Sindoor. Of this, roughly 11 crore PKR was only spent to rebuild the Markaz Subhanallah complex in Bahawalpur.
Furthermore, damaged adjacent structures, including the infamous indoctrination hub Madrasa Al-Sabir and residential quarters used by terror commanders, were completely cleared to make way for rebuilding the complex, sources said.
Masood Azhar remains sidelined
According to sources, Masood Azhar has been sidelined by the Jaish leadership due to an illness and the operational control of the headquarters has been handed over to his brothers Talha Al-Saif and Mohinuddin Aurangzeb alias Ammar Alvi.ย
Azhar, along with his brother Rauf Asghar, are reportedly in the Nawabshah district of the Sindh province, where they have been granted protection by the Pakistani government, they told India TV.
This is not the first time when reports have indicated that Pakistan is rebuilding the terror facilities that were destroyed by India during Operation Sindoor that was launched in response to the Pahalgam terror attack that claimed 26 lives. Despite India’s befitting response, Pakistan does not seem to have learned its lessons.
India has consistently maintained that Operation Sindoor could be re-launched if needed, while repeating that its generosity and tolerance should not be mistaken for weakness.
“We had decided the objective of the operation as destruction of the enemy camps particularly those who had been responsible for the Pahalgam attack,” National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit Doval said in his first interview since Operation Sindoor. “Message to the world is very clear – India’s generosity or India being tolerant should not be mistaken for its weakness. India can take risks, India can hit hard, irrespective of the consequences.”
ALSO READ:
Jaish-e-Mohammed launches online courses to recruit women for ‘jihad’; Masood Azhar’s family leads training