US, Israel preparing for fresh war on Iran, says report

US, Israel preparing for fresh war on Iran, says report


New Delhi:

The United States and Israel are reportedly preparing for a possible resumption of military operations against Iran, raising fresh fears of another major escalation in the Middle East. According to a report by The New York Times, both countries have stepped up military planning and could launch fresh strikes within days or as early as next week. Officials quoted in the report said the current preparations are the most extensive since a fragile ceasefire was reached last month after months of conflict in the region.

The latest developments come as efforts to reach a long-term agreement between Washington and Tehran remain stuck. Negotiations aimed at ending the conflict have repeatedly broken down over disagreements linked to Iranโ€™s nuclear programme, sanctions and security demands.

Tensions between the two sides sharply escalated earlier this year following joint US-Israeli strikes on Iran, triggering months of military confrontation and instability across the region.

Military options under discussion

According to the report, Washington is weighing several military options if diplomacy continues to fail. Airstrikes are said to remain on the table, although experts reportedly believe they may not fully achieve US objectives.

Another option being discussed involves special operations targeting Iranโ€™s highly enriched uranium stockpiles. However, analysts warned that such a move could carry serious risks, including danger to American troops and growing political opposition inside the United States.

Trump steps up pressure on Iran

US President Donald Trump has also intensified his warnings to Tehran in recent days. In a social media post on Sunday, Trump said Iran needed to reach a deal quickly or face severe consequences.


โ€œThe clock is ticking,โ€ Trump wrote, adding that โ€œthere wonโ€™t be anything leftโ€ if negotiations collapse completely.

The remarks came shortly before reports emerged about renewed US-Israeli military preparations.

Iran accuses US of unfair demands

Iranian media, meanwhile, accused Washington of refusing to make meaningful concessions during recent talks. Reports from Tehran claimed the US demanded strict limits on Iranโ€™s nuclear activities, including restrictions on operational facilities and control over uranium stockpiles.

Iranian outlets also alleged that the United States had refused to release frozen Iranian assets or discuss compensation linked to damage caused during the conflict. The continued tensions are also beginning to affect the global economy. Concerns over instability near the Strait of Hormuz one of the worldโ€™s most important oil routes have increased fears of supply disruptions and rising energy prices.

The uncertainty has added pressure on global markets and contributed to inflation concerns in several countries.

Pakistan continues mediation efforts

Amid the rising tensions, Pakistan has continued diplomatic efforts to prevent another escalation. Reports in Iranian media said Pakistanโ€™s Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi recently visited Tehran as part of mediation attempts.

Pakistan Army Chief Asim Munir has also reportedly been involved in diplomatic outreach linked to the crisis as Islamabad pushes for renewed negotiations between Washington and Tehran.

ย 



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *