The Press Editor

8874 Posts
‘A bitter experience and betrayal’: Iran’s Foreign Minister says ‘negotiations with US are over’

‘A bitter experience and betrayal’: Iran’s Foreign Minister says ‘negotiations with US are over’

Tehran: With US President Donald Trump giving a 48-hour ultimatum to Iran to open the Strait of Hormuz, Iranian Foreign Minister Seyed Abbas Araghchi on Monday said that the negotiations with the United States have ended, calling the situation a 'bitter experience' and a 'betrayal'. The recent conflict, he said, has ended the diplomatic space between the US and Iran. The Iranian foreign minister made the remarks in a short video message on X (previously Twitter). Pointing out that the trust between the sides is 'completely nonexistent', Araghchi said that the conflict in the Middle East has "closed the doors…
Read More
Batting top-class, what about bowling? CSK’s best Playing XI for IPL 2026

Batting top-class, what about bowling? CSK’s best Playing XI for IPL 2026

New Delhi: Chennai Super Kings will look to revive themselves from the 2025 horror, where they finished at the bottom in the 10-team event. The Super Kings had one of the most terrible IPL seasons as they won just four games in their 14 outings. However, things might change this time around as CSK have invested big in young talents and have roped in Sanju Samson. From struggling to be part of India's Playing XI, Samson was named the Player of the Tournament for his heroic knocks at the latter stages of the T20 World Cup 2026.ย  Strong batting, bowling…
Read More
Another F-15 goes down in Kuwait? Video goes viral as Middle East conflict rages on

Another F-15 goes down in Kuwait? Video goes viral as Middle East conflict rages on

Kuwait City: As the conflict in the Middle East entered its fourth week, a video is going viral on micro-blogging website X (previously Twitter), showing the crash of another F-15E Strike Eagle of the US military in Kuwait. The 29-second undated video shows an F-15, an all-weather 4.5 generation fighter aircraft, crashing near a residential area in a Kuwaiti city.ย  Note: India TV Digital cannot independently verify the veracity of the video. Additionally, the American military has not issued a statement about the crash, but media reports have claimed that the pilot had safely managed to eject before the aircraft…
Read More
BCB announces new selection panel, former-captain Habibul Bashar named chairman

BCB announces new selection panel, former-captain Habibul Bashar named chairman

New Delhi: The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) has announced a new national selection panel, appointing former captain Kazi Habibul Bashar as the Chairman. The 53-year-old Bashar brings a strong experience behind him as he has served as national selector for both the men's and the women's national teams.ย  Bashar was a renowned Bangladeshi batter, having been the first cricketer from his country to cross 3000 runs in Test cricket. He has played 50 Tests and 111 ODIs for his national side.ย  Hossain, Naeem, Nadif join panel under Bashar Meanwhile, Bashar will have former fast bowler Hasibul Hossain, Naeem Islam and…
Read More
Colombian military plane crashes after takeoff near Peru border; 80 troops feared dead | VIDEO

Colombian military plane crashes after takeoff near Peru border; 80 troops feared dead | VIDEO

BOGOTA (Colombia): A transport plane of the Colombian military crashed shortly after takeoff from Puerto Leguizamo, near the southern border with Ecuador, said officials on Monday. The aircraft, an Air Force Hercules C-130, was believed to be carrying around 100 troops. Media reports suggest that as many as 80 Colombian troops are feared dead in the incident. However, the Colombian military has not issued a statement over the incident yet.ย  Colombia's Defence Minister Pedro S nchez has confirmed about the incident with "deep sorrow". He said the plane crashed in Puerto Leguizamo, which is a remote municipality in the Amazonian…
Read More
Disappointed to lose Sam Curran for IPL 2026: RR coach and director Kumar Sangakkara

Disappointed to lose Sam Curran for IPL 2026: RR coach and director Kumar Sangakkara

New Delhi: Rajasthan Royals' head coach and team director Kumar Sangakkara has highlighted that Sam Curran's absence from the Indian Premier League 2026 is a loss for them, as he pointed out the quality that he brings to the team.ย  Curran suffered an injury and was ruled out of the Indian cash-rich league as RR have officially named Sri Lanka's Dasun Shanaka as his replacement. Sangakkara spoke on Curran's absence but felt content with Shanaka coming in.ย  "We are disappointed to lose a player of Sam's calibre so close to the start of the season," RR head coach and team…
Read More
‘Fake news to manipulate financial, oil markets’: Iran’s Speaker rejects Trump’s negotiation claims

‘Fake news to manipulate financial, oil markets’: Iran’s Speaker rejects Trump’s negotiation claims

Tehran: Denying US President Donald Trump's claims that Washington and Tehran held 'very good' and 'positive' talks in the past two days, Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf said on Monday that fake news is being spread to manipulate oil and financial market. He said this was being done to "escape the quagmire" in which the United States and Israel are trapped now.ย  In a series of posts on X (which was previously called Twitter), Ghalibaf said the people of Iran want "complete and remorseful punishment" of the aggressors. He said Iran's officials stand firmly with new Supreme Leader Mojtaba…
Read More
Trump claims Iran sought deal fearing US attacks on its energy infra: ‘One shot and it’s gone’

Trump claims Iran sought deal fearing US attacks on its energy infra: ‘One shot and it’s gone’

Washington: US President Donald Trump claimed that the Iranian side contacted him to broker a truce in the Middle East, as Tehran wanted to make a deal. This came shortly after Iran stated that they had never contacted the US to end hostilities, following Trumpโ€™s declaration that he had been in contact with Iran for the past two days and that the discussions were productive, aimed at finding a permanent solution to end hostilities. ย  Amid Tehranโ€™s rebuttal, Trump said he was not the one who made the call, adding that Iran had reached out to them for a…
Read More
If Shreyas Iyer wins T20 World Cup as captain, he will not need leadership endorsement, says Aakash Chopra

If Shreyas Iyer wins T20 World Cup as captain, he will not need leadership endorsement, says Aakash Chopra

New Delhi: Former Indian cricketer Aakash Chopra has stated that if Shreyas Iyer goes on to win the T20 World Cup as captain for India in 2028, he would not need any endorsement for leadership from anyone. Often called an underappreciated captain, Shreyas is the only skipper in the history of the Indian Premier League to lead three different teams to IPL finals.ย  He led Delhi Capitals to the IPL 2020 final, whereย his side fell short to Mumbai Indians and then captained Kolkata Knight Riders to the 2024 title before ending as a runner-up skipper with Punjab Kings to Royal…
Read More
‘Rising financial pressure’: Iran denies talks with Trump, vows to respond to US attacks on power plants

‘Rising financial pressure’: Iran denies talks with Trump, vows to respond to US attacks on power plants

Tehran: Though US President Donald Trump said that he has decided to halt strikes on Iran's power plants and energy infrastructure after hold constructive talks with the Islamic Republic, Tehran on Monday denied any direct or indirect talks with the American leader. Citing a source, Iran's Fars news agency even claimed that Trump "backed down" after Iran threatened to attack the energy infrastructure of its neighbours in the Middle East. Tehran Times, another popular media house in Iran, also claimed that there were no talks between Washington and Tehran, and said that the rising financial pressures in the US and…
Read More