“Stranger Things” star Millie Bobby Brown says she “felt safe” working with David Harbour after a viral report earlier this month that alleged she had accused her co-star of on-set bullying.
Despite the report, Brown and Harbour surprised many as they were all smiles while posing together at the season five world premiere of the Netflix show in Los Angeles on November 6.
“Of course, I felt safe. I mean, we’ve worked together for 10 years,” Brown revealed in a latest interview.
“I feel safe with everyone on that set. You naturally just, you know, you’ve been doing it for so long. We also play father and daughter, so naturally, you have a closer bond than the rest because we have had some really intense scenes together, especially in season two.”
Also read: Vanessa Hudgens and Cole Tucker welcome baby number 2
Millie thinks fans are really going to love those scenes too as she wanted “to bring my A game every single time I see that I’m on the call sheet working with him because I know he’s bringing it right back.”
“We love this show with everything, and we value our friendship more than anything,” she said on her bond with Harbour.
Notably, a UK tabloid had published a report alleging that 21-year-old Brown had filed a harassment and bullying complaint against the 50-year-old Harbour before filming began for the final season of “Stranger Things”.
The report claimed there were “pages of pages” of allegations, but specific claims were not detailed; however, no sexual impropriety was reportedly alleged.
The report further alleged that an internal investigation by Netflix reportedly lasted “for months,” and, as a result, Brown was allegedly accompanied by a personal representative while on set for the fifth season before filming wrapped in December 2024.
“Stranger Things” executive producer Shawn Levy, however, called the report “wildly inaccurate” while claiming that the set was always a safe environment.