World

Stay informed with World News Today Live — delivering real-time global headlines, breaking news, and major updates from politics, business, technology, health, and entertainment. Catch the world’s top stories as they unfold.

Pakistan again steps in after US-Iran talks fail, pushes for second round in Islamabad soon, says report

Pakistan again steps in after US-Iran talks fail, pushes for second round in Islamabad soon, says report

New Delhi: The possibility of a second round of talks between the United States and Iran seems to be high, with Pakistan actively pushing diplomatic efforts to move the process forward. According to various media reports, discussions on the next phase of engagement are already in an advanced stage.  While no formal announcement has been made, reports suggest that both sides are informally open to continuing talks either in Islamabad or at a neutral location such as Geneva. Efforts are underway to finalise logistics, with a strong push to hold the meeting within the next two days. US President Donald…
Read More
Ceasefire clock ticks: US considers fresh talks with Iran after Islamabad stalemate

Ceasefire clock ticks: US considers fresh talks with Iran after Islamabad stalemate

Washington: The United States is weighing the option of holding another face-to-face meeting with Iranian officials as the current ceasefire approaches its deadline, according to a CNN report. However, no final decision has been made so far. Officials are said to be exploring possible dates and venues for the meeting. These plans depend largely on how ongoing discussions with Iran and regional mediators develop over the next few days. Sources described the situation as still being in its early stages. "We need to be prepared to stand something up quickly should things head in that direction," a source said, quoted…
Read More
US-Iran War LIVE: US blockade of Iranian ports in effect, Trump says there’s still ‘plenty of room’ for a deal

US-Iran War LIVE: US blockade of Iranian ports in effect, Trump says there’s still ‘plenty of room’ for a deal

New Delhi: The situation in the Middle East is becoming more tense by the hour. US President Donald Trump has announced that a US military blockade of Iranian ports is now in place, while still saying there is a chance for talks with Iran. In response, Iran has strongly hit out at the move, calling it piracy, as thousands of people gathered in Tehran to protest and show support for their government. The UK Prime Minister, Keir Starmer, has said British forces will not join the blockade. Meanwhile, tensions are also rising in Lebanon. Hezbollah leader Naim Qassem has rejected…
Read More
JD Vance reaffirms US’ red lines on Iran possessing nukes after failed talks: ‘Ball in their court’

JD Vance reaffirms US’ red lines on Iran possessing nukes after failed talks: ‘Ball in their court’

Washington: US Vice President JD Vance on Tuesday firmly outlined Washington’s red lines as it negotiates with Iran over measures to ease tensions in the Middle East. Speaking to Fox News, Vance said that President Donald Trump has made US’ key demands clear, that Iran must hand over its stockpile of enriched uranium, which the US believes is being concealed in underground facilities. Vance noted that although Iran maintains it has no intention of developing nuclear weapons, the United States insists on strict verification. He added that Trump’s broader goal is to ensure that Iran does not retain the capability…
Read More
China fires ‘don’t interfere’ warning to US over Strait of Hormuz blockade

China fires ‘don’t interfere’ warning to US over Strait of Hormuz blockade

Beijing: China has issued a sharp warning to the United States over its decision to impose a blockade on the Strait of Hormuz, urging Washington not to interfere in Beijing’s ties with Iran. Chinese Defence Minister Admiral Dong Jun on Monday said China would continue to honour its trade and energy commitments with Tehran, adding that Chinese vessels would keep operating in the region despite rising tensions. "Our ships are moving in and out of the waters of the Strait of Hormuz. We have trade and energy agreements with Iran. We will respect and honour those agreements and expect others…
Read More
UK won’t back Trump’s Iran move: Starmer refuses support for Hormuz blockade

UK won’t back Trump’s Iran move: Starmer refuses support for Hormuz blockade

New Delhi: UK Prime Minister Keir Starmer has made it clear that the United Kingdom will not support the United States’ move to impose a blockade near Iran, even amid rising global tensions. Speaking to BBC, Starmer stressed that Britain’s priority is not escalation, but ensuring stability and safe passage through one of the world’s most crucial shipping routes. Starmer firmly stated that despite growing international pressure, the UK will not get involved in the Iran conflict without strong legal grounds and a clear plan. He underlined that his government’s position is to avoid being pulled into a wider war,…
Read More
Trump issues stark warning to Iran, says ships will be ‘eliminated’ if they come close to Hormuz blockade

Trump issues stark warning to Iran, says ships will be ‘eliminated’ if they come close to Hormuz blockade

Washington: The United States has formally activated its blockade on Iranian ports, significantly escalating the already volatile confrontation between Washington and Tehran. He also issued a strong warning to Iran asserting that its naval capabilities have already suffered heavy losses. In a post on Truth Social, Trump claimed that a large portion of Iran's navy has been destroyed. "Iran's Navy is laying at the bottom of the sea, completely obliterated - 158 ships," he said, highlighting what he described as a decisive blow to Tehran’s maritime strength. 'Fast attack ships' not targeted yet Trump noted that certain smaller vessels were not…
Read More
‘Trump is a born leader’: Peter Magyar’s old praise for US President resurfaces after Viktor Orban’s Hungary poll loss

‘Trump is a born leader’: Peter Magyar’s old praise for US President resurfaces after Viktor Orban’s Hungary poll loss

Budapest: An old remark by Peter Magyar, leader of the centre-right opposition Tisza Party, praising US President Donald Trump has resurfaced following his landmark victory over pro-Trump PM Viktor Orban in Hungary's elections. Magyar defeated incumbent Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban in the election on Sunday. Back in November 2025, Magyar had lauded Trump while sharply criticising Orban's leadership. In a post on X, he said Trump had never shied away from open and direct debates with political opponents, whereas Orban "hasn’t dared to do this for 20 years." Peter Magyar's posts about Trump "What is the difference between Donald Trump @POTUS…
Read More
Russia signals readiness to take Iran’s enriched uranium after Trump’s Hormuz blockade threat

Russia signals readiness to take Iran’s enriched uranium after Trump’s Hormuz blockade threat

Moscow: Russia has announced that it is ready to take Iran's enriched uranium as part of any future peace agreement with the United States, AFP reported. The statement came shortly after another round of US-Iran negotiations failed over the weekend in Pakistan, dashing expectations of a rapid breakthrough to end the conflict that has claimed thousands of lives and rattled the global economy since late February. Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov told reporters that the proposal had been directly conveyed by President Vladimir Putin to both Washington and regional capitals. He said the offer remains on the table but has not…
Read More
‘One billion dollar and most beautiful woman’: Uganda Army Chief’s 30-day ultimatum to Turkey

‘One billion dollar and most beautiful woman’: Uganda Army Chief’s 30-day ultimatum to Turkey

Kampala: Uganda's Army Chief, General Muhoozi Kainerugaba, who has repeatedly drawn international attention for his unusual and often sexist statements about women, is once again in the headlines. His latest comments have triggered another round of global criticism. General Kainerugaba has placed two extraordinary demands before Turkey. His first request is for one billion dollars, which he claims is owed to Uganda for its long-standing military presence in Somalia and its fight against Islamic militant groups. His second demand, which has attracted criticism, was for Turkey to hand over what he called "the most beautiful woman in that country" to…
Read More