World

Stay informed with World News Today Live — delivering real-time global headlines, breaking news, and major updates from politics, business, technology, health, and entertainment. Catch the world’s top stories as they unfold.

Iran denies US account of vessels passing Strait of Hormuz as Islamabad talks falter

Iran denies US account of vessels passing Strait of Hormuz as Islamabad talks falter

Tehran: Iran has dismissed a statement by the United States regarding the movement of its naval ships through the Strait of Hormuz. A spokesperson for Iran’s joint military command said that control over any vessel passing through the strategic waterway lies with Iran’s armed forces, according to state media. The response came after the US military announced that two of its Navy destroyers had crossed the strait. It described the move as preparation for mine-clearing operations, marking the first such transit since the conflict began. Iranian state media, however, presented a different account. It reported that Iranian forces intervened and…
Read More
Gave best offer to Iran no breakthrough yet JD Vance after three rounds of US-Iran talks

Gave best offer to Iran no breakthrough yet JD Vance after three rounds of US-Iran talks

Islamabad: Speaking after the conclusion of three rounds of high-stakes ceasefire negotiations in Pakistan, US Vice President JD Vance described the discussions with the Iranian delegation as constructive, but acknowledged that no final agreement has been reached so far. Vance stated that while the talks were positive, several critical issues remain unresolved between the United States and Iran.  “We have been at it now for 21 hours. The bad news is that we have not reached an agreement. We just could not get to a situation where the Iranians would accept our terms,” he said addressing the media.  US seeks…
Read More
First round of US-Iran peace talks concludes in Pakistan, Pope Leo urges end to ‘madness of war’ | 10 Points

First round of US-Iran peace talks concludes in Pakistan, Pope Leo urges end to ‘madness of war’ | 10 Points

Islamabad: The first phase of peace talks between US and Iran delegations concluded in Islamabad on Saturday and the next phase of talks might start on Sunday. The move is aimed at confirming that both sides are on the same page regarding the understandings and agreements reached during today’s peace talks. In the meantime, Pope Leo on Saturday urged world leaders to end the "madness of war," in an impassioned appeal as senior US and Iranian officials met in Pakistan to discuss ending the six-week conflict. Check top 10 developments of the peace talks so far: A US delegation led…
Read More
US has not agreed to unfreeze Iranian assets, says White House amid peace talks in Pakistan

US has not agreed to unfreeze Iranian assets, says White House amid peace talks in Pakistan

Washington: A ⁠US official has denied reports ⁠that Washington ⁠has agreed to unfreeze Iranian assets. Earlier media reports suggested that the US had ⁠agreed to release Iranian ⁠frozen assets held in ⁠Qatar and ⁠other ⁠foreign banks, quoting a senior Iranian source. However, the White House on Saturday dismissed such reports."This official denial arrives as American and Iranian representatives convene in Islamabad for high-stakes negotiations aimed at brokering a ceasefire, reported CBS. The controversy follows a report, which quoted a high-ranking Iranian official claiming that Washington had signalled its approval to unfreeze the assets. According to the news agency, the source…
Read More
Trump says US is ‘clearing’ Strait of Hormuz as peace talks underway in Islamabad after 5-hour delay

Trump says US is ‘clearing’ Strait of Hormuz as peace talks underway in Islamabad after 5-hour delay

New Delhi: US President Donald Trump on Saturday posted on Truth Social that the United States has started clearing the Strait of Hormuz, a key maritime route for global oil shipments. He claimed that “all 28” of Iran’s mine-laying vessels had been sunk and that American forces were ensuring safe passage for international shipping. Global oil route at risk  The Strait of Hormuz connects the Persian Gulf to the Gulf of Oman and carries a large share of the world’s crude exports. Fears of Iranian attacks over the past weeks have disrupted shipping and pushed global oil prices higher, even though…
Read More
LPG tanker Jag Vikram successfully crosses Strait of Hormuz, expected to reach Mumbai on April 15

LPG tanker Jag Vikram successfully crosses Strait of Hormuz, expected to reach Mumbai on April 15

Tehran: The India-flagged LPG vessel Jag Vikram on Saturday safely crossed the Strait of Hormuz. The vessel is carrying approximately 20,400 MT of LPG cargo with 24 seafarers onboard. It is expected to arrive at Mumbai on 15 April 2026, the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas said in a statement. Ship tracking data showed the tanker moved through the strategic waterway between Friday night and Saturday morning and was located in the Gulf of Oman, east of the Strait on Saturday afternoon, proceeding eastwards. The vessel movement was also confirmed by a government statement giving an update on developments in…
Read More
Many empty oil tankers heading towards US: Trump flexes oil, gas reserves amid Iran talks

Many empty oil tankers heading towards US: Trump flexes oil, gas reserves amid Iran talks

New Delhi: US President Donald Trump on Saturday projected strong confidence in America’s oil and gas reserves, claiming that the United States holds more oil than the next two largest oil-producing economies combined. In a post on Truth Social, he framed the US as an unmatched global energy power, describing its resources as both abundant and superior in quality. Trump also pointed to what he described as a surge of activity in global energy logistics, saying large numbers of empty oil tankers are currently heading toward the United States. According to him, these vessels, some among the largest in the world,…
Read More
China preparing to supply air defence systems to Iran? US intelligence flags concerns

China preparing to supply air defence systems to Iran? US intelligence flags concerns

New Delhi: Fresh intelligence assessments from the United States suggest that China may be preparing to supply advanced air defence systems to Iran in the coming weeks, according to multiple media reports. The development, though not officially confirmed, is already drawing attention in diplomatic and security circles for its potential to reshape the balance of power in the region. Focus on portable missile systems  Reports indicate that the systems under consideration are shoulder-fired anti-air missiles, commonly known as MANPADs. These portable weapons are specifically designed to target low-flying aircraft, making them highly effective in contested airspaces.  If delivered, such systems could…
Read More
Iranian delegation reaches Pakistan for talks with US as uncertainty clouds ceasefire | Top developments

Iranian delegation reaches Pakistan for talks with US as uncertainty clouds ceasefire | Top developments

Islamabad: An Iranian delegation led by Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf arrived here in Islamabad, Pakistan, on Friday late-night for talks with the United States (US) to end the ongoing conflict in the Middle East that disrupted global supply lines and the world's economy. The Iranian delegation was welcomed by top Pakistani officials, including Army chief Field Marshal Asim Munir, upon their arrival. The delegation, which comprises Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi, former Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) commander Mohammad Bagher Zolghadr, Central Bank Governor Abdolnasser Hemmati, and others, will meet US Vice President JD Vance, special envoy Steve Witkoff and…
Read More
Moved closer to a ‘known target’: US soldiers deny Pentagon’s account on Kuwait base attack

Moved closer to a ‘known target’: US soldiers deny Pentagon’s account on Kuwait base attack

Kuwait City: In response to the killing of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in a joint strike by Israel and the United States (US) that ultimately started the conflict in the Middle East, Iran started targeting all American bases in the region. This included the Port of Shuaiba in Kuwait, which was attacked on March 1, leading to six US Army Reserve members getting killed and wounding 20 others. This was the first US casualties of the conflict.  The attack was carried out using an Iranian "squirter" drone, US War Secretary Pete Hegseth had said, while claiming that it was…
Read More