World

Stay informed with World News Today Live — delivering real-time global headlines, breaking news, and major updates from politics, business, technology, health, and entertainment. Catch the world’s top stories as they unfold.

Iran threatens to pull back from truce talks with US: ‘No negotiations until ceasefire in Lebanon’

Iran threatens to pull back from truce talks with US: ‘No negotiations until ceasefire in Lebanon’

Tehran: Iran has threatened to withdraw from the ceasefire talks with the US taking place in Pakistan tomorrow, demanding that Israel stop its attacks in Lebanon immediately. This was reiterated as Tehran refused media reports of its delegation visiting Islamabad as "false. According to Iran's state-run agencies Fars and Tasnim, an informed source said, "Claims by some media outlets that an Iranian negotiating delegation has arrived in Islamabad, Pakistan, to hold talks with U.S. officials are completely false". 'No talks until Lebanon ceasefire' The source further added that talks would remain suspended until the US fulfils the commitments on the…
Read More
Ahead of US-Iran talks in Islamabad, Pakistan minister calls Israel ‘evil, cancerous’; Netanyahu responds

Ahead of US-Iran talks in Islamabad, Pakistan minister calls Israel ‘evil, cancerous’; Netanyahu responds

New Delhi: Pakistan's Defence Minister Khawaja Asif has called Israel a "curse for humanity and a cancerous state" in inflammatory remarks that could threaten the US-Iran ceasefire talks to be held in Islamabad tomorrow. The remarks drew a sharp rebuke from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who called it "outrageous and unacceptable". In a post on X, Asif, attacked Israel over the conflict in Lebanon and other parts of West Asia, claiming Israel was killing civilians across multiple locations, including Gaza, Iran, and Lebanon. "Israel is evil and a curse for humanity, while peace talks are underway in Islamabad, genocide is…
Read More
Putin announces 32-hour ceasefire in Russia-Ukraine war for Orthodox Easter weekend

Putin announces 32-hour ceasefire in Russia-Ukraine war for Orthodox Easter weekend

Moscow: Russian President Vladimir Putin has announced a temporary ceasefire in Ukraine for the duration of the Orthodox Easter holidays, according to the Kremlin, following a similar proposal from Kyiv. Earlier this week, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said he had conveyed a holiday truce proposal through the United States, as ongoing efforts to end the 4-year conflict were disrupted by the war in the Middle East. The Kremlin stated that the ceasefire would take effect from 16:00 on April 11 until the end of April 12, 2026, in observance of Orthodox Easter. Military commanders have been instructed to halt combat…
Read More
‘Iran doing very poor job’: Trump warns Tehran against charging tankers passing through Hormuz

‘Iran doing very poor job’: Trump warns Tehran against charging tankers passing through Hormuz

Washington: Threatening Iran once again over opening of Strait of Hormuz, US President Donald Trump said on Thursday (local time) that the Middle East nation should avoid imposing fees on tankers that passes through the Strait of Hormuz, which is one of the most critical transit point in the world.  "There are reports that Iran is charging fees to tankers going through the Hormuz Strait," the 79-year-old American leader said in a post on his Truth Social account. "They better not be and, if they are, they better stop now!" Later, in a separate post, Trump accused Iran of doing…
Read More
Trump calls Netanyahu to curtail strikes on Lebanon to support Iran’s ceasefire negotiations: Report

Trump calls Netanyahu to curtail strikes on Lebanon to support Iran’s ceasefire negotiations: Report

Washington: In a significant diplomatic development, United States President Donald Trump urged Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to scale back Israel's military operations in Lebanon, NBC News reported citing a senior administration official. The request was made during a telephonic conversation on Wednesday, with Washington seeking to avoid any flare-up that could jeopardise the ongoing negotiations with Iran. According to officials, Tel Aviv agreed "to be a helpful partner" although both Israel and the US maintain that Lebanon is not part of the ceasefire framework The discussion followed an earlier public declaration by Netanyahu on the same day, in which…
Read More
Israel to begin direct talks with Lebanon on disarming Hezbollah: Netanyahu

Israel to begin direct talks with Lebanon on disarming Hezbollah: Netanyahu

Tel Aviv: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday said that he has instructed his cabinet to begin direct talks with Lebanon "as soon as possible" to disarm Hezbollah and establish "peace relations" between the two countries. This comes a day after Israel launched deadly strikes on Lebanon across Beirut, the Bekaa Valley, and the southern part of the country, which killed over 200 people. According to news agency AFP, Israeli media outlets reported that Yechiel Leiter, Israel's ambassador to the US, would represent the country in the talks. Negotiations will focus on disarming Hezbollah: Netanyahu According to Netanyahu's office, the talks would focus on…
Read More
The shortest war in history ended in just 45 minutes: Here’s its fascinating tale

The shortest war in history ended in just 45 minutes: Here’s its fascinating tale

New Delhi: As the world watches some of the longest and most volatile conflicts unfold, from the ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine since 2022 to the tense confrontation involving the United States-Israel and Iran in West Asia, history reminds us that not all wars are prolonged. More than a century ago, the world witnessed a conflict so brief that it ended before an hour had passed. Today, we revisit the fascinating account of the shortest war in history, which astonishingly concluded in just 45 minutes.  The shortest war in recorded history is known as the Anglo-Zanzibar War, which took…
Read More
‘Israel will continue strikes on Hezbollah wherever necessary’: PM Benjamin Netanyahu

‘Israel will continue strikes on Hezbollah wherever necessary’: PM Benjamin Netanyahu

Tel Aviv (Israel): Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has asserted that Israel will continue its military strikes against Hezbollah, following a series of intense and lethal strikes across Lebanon, in which a nephew and close aide of Hezbollah chief Naim Qassem were reportedly killed. Will continue to hit Hezbollah wherever necessary: Netanyahu Netanyahu said Israeli forces are "continuing to strike Hezbollah with force, precision, and determination." "Our message is clear: anyone who acts against Israeli civilians - we will strike them," he asserted, linking the military action directly to the protection of the public. The remarks come as Israel intensifies its campaign…
Read More
Iran War LIVE: Ceasefire pushed to brink after Israel kills Hezbollah chief’s aide, Hormuz remains shut

Iran War LIVE: Ceasefire pushed to brink after Israel kills Hezbollah chief’s aide, Hormuz remains shut

New Delhi: A ceasefire agreement to pause the war in Iran appeared to be on the verge of collapse after the Islamic Republic once again closed the Strait of Hormuz in response to Israeli strikes in Lebanon. The White House called for the vital waterway to be reopened and attempted to keep peace negotiations on course. Both the US and Iran declared victory following the agreement, and global leaders voiced relief, even as drones and missiles continued to strike Iran and Gulf Arab states. Meanwhile, Israel intensified its offensive against the Hezbollah militant group in Lebanon, targeting several commercial and…
Read More
Pakistan a peacemaker on paper? Report questions mediator role in Iran ceasefire, Shehbaz Sharif, Asim Munir trolled

Pakistan a peacemaker on paper? Report questions mediator role in Iran ceasefire, Shehbaz Sharif, Asim Munir trolled

New Delhi: Pakistan is celebrating, calling itself the peacemaker in the US-Iran ceasefire, to the extent that its media is now calling for a Nobel Peace Prize to be given to PM Shehbaz Sharif and Field Marshal Asim Munir. However, the reality seems to be the opposite, portraying the ongoing frenzy as ironic. A report by the Financial Times says it was the US which pushed Pakistan to broker a temporary truce in fighting with Iran. This raises questions and scepticism about Islamabad's actual role. It noted that this came even as US President Donald Trump escalated rhetoric against Tehran,…
Read More