World

Stay informed with World News Today Live โ€” delivering real-time global headlines, breaking news, and major updates from politics, business, technology, health, and entertainment. Catch the worldโ€™s top stories as they unfold.

Nuclear flexibility, economic relief: Inside Iran’s new offer to US amid deadlock

Nuclear flexibility, economic relief: Inside Iran’s new offer to US amid deadlock

Tehran: Iran has put forward a fresh proposal to the United States in an effort to revive stalled peace efforts, PTI reported citing a senior official familiar with the matter. The plan is described as a โ€œmulti-layeredโ€ framework aimed at reducing tensions and restarting dialogue after weeks of conflict. The ongoing war, which began on February 28 with military action by the US and Israel, has remained paused since April 8. Only one round of talks has taken place so far, held in Islamabad, but it failed to produce a breakthrough. The new Iranian proposal focuses on a gradual reduction…
Read More
‘Ready for war or talks’: Iran says ‘ball in US court’ after Trump hints at rejecting peace proposal

‘Ready for war or talks’: Iran says ‘ball in US court’ after Trump hints at rejecting peace proposal

Tehran: As President Donald Trump hinted that he is likely to reject the 14-point peace proposal sent by Iran, the Islamic Republic has warned that the conflict with the United States (US) is likely to resume and criticised Washington for "not being committed" to any promises.ย  However, the Iranian leadership maintained that the ball remains in the court of the US whether to pursue a negotiated settlement or to return to open war, asserting that Tehran is ready for both outcomes.ย  "Now the ball is in the United States' court to choose the path of diplomacy or the continuation of…
Read More
Trump says US to withdraw troops from Germany ‘a lot further than 5,000’ as rift with NATO widens

Trump says US to withdraw troops from Germany ‘a lot further than 5,000’ as rift with NATO widens

Washington: President Donald Trump said on Saturday (local time) that the United States (US) will significantly reduce its troops in Germany, even as Pentagon maintained that around 5,000 troops will be pulled out of the European nation.ย  "Weโ€™re going to cut way down. And weโ€™re cutting a lot further than 5,000," the Republican leader told reporters before boarding the Air Force One in Florida. Trump's recent remarks comes as the relationship between the US and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) deteriorates over the American president's stance on the Iran war. Trump has a vocal critic of the NATO and…
Read More
Trump warns of resuming strikes against Iran if it ‘misbehaves’: ‘They are having hard time’

Trump warns of resuming strikes against Iran if it ‘misbehaves’: ‘They are having hard time’

Washington: The United States (US) could resume military strikes on Iran if the Islamic Republic 'misbehaves', said President Donald Trump on Saturday (local time), as he reviews the 14-point peace proposal sent by the Middle East nation. He even said that talks with Iran are progressing despite an uncertainty over their leadership. Trump, who had launched the military strike against Iran on February 28 along with Israel, made the remarks while speaking to reporters before boarding the Air Force One in South Florida. "If they misbehave, if they do something bad, but right now, we will see. It's a possibility…
Read More
India-bound LPG carrier, with 18 Indians aboard, crosses Hormuz, likely to arrive in Vizag on May 13

India-bound LPG carrier, with 18 Indians aboard, crosses Hormuz, likely to arrive in Vizag on May 13

New Delhi: An India-bound LPG carrier, MT Sarv Shakti, carrying 18 Indians aboard, safely crossed the Strait of Hormuz on Saturday amid the Iran-US tensions. According to the official sources, the carrier is likely to arrive in Visakhapatnam on May 13. As per the sources, the vessel was carrying 46,313 metric tonnes of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) with a 20-member crew onboard, including 18 Indian nationals. "As per official sources, MT Sarv Shakti (IMO No. 9350599), carrying 46,313 MT of LPG (Indian cargo), with 20 crew members onboard, including 18 Indians, has safely crossed the Strait of Hormuz today, 02…
Read More
Firing near Kapil Sharma’s cafe in Canada, comedian threatened

Firing near Kapil Sharma’s cafe in Canada, comedian threatened

New Delhi: A firing incident took place at a cafe located on 120 Street in Canada's Surrey. The cafe is said to be situated next to comedian Kapil Sharma's Kaps Cafe.ย  Meanwhile, following the incident, an alleged threatening post has surfaced, which claimed that both the cafe and Kapil Sharma were targets. The viral message warns of shutting down the cafe and also issues threats regarding Kapil Kaps Cafe and his residence in Mumbai. It further states that if the warnings are ignored, more serious action could be taken. Watch the Video here: Firing has occurred three times before It…
Read More
Iran did not want war, but was compelled to respond amid attacks: Supreme Leader’s envoy in India

Iran did not want war, but was compelled to respond amid attacks: Supreme Leader’s envoy in India

New Delhi: Representative of Iran's Supreme Leader in India, Abdul Majeed Hakeem Ilahi on Saturday Iran did not want the conflict, but was compelled to respond amid continued attacks, even as negotiations were expected to continue. "Iran didn't want this war, but Iran was forced by the war and several times Iran tried to avoid this war...I don't know what is the condition of these people and these countries (US-Israel)...they want to impose on other countries what they want, and who gave them this authority?" he questioned. He characterised the ongoing tensions between his country and the Israel-US alliance as…
Read More
Trump calls US Navy ‘pirates’ over ship seizure, sparks controversy | WATCH

Trump calls US Navy ‘pirates’ over ship seizure, sparks controversy | WATCH

New Delhi: US President Donald Trump seems to have yet again stirred another controversy after comparing the actions of the US Navy to โ€œpiratesโ€ while talking about a recent operation at sea. Speaking at a rally in Florida, Trump described how American forces seized control of a ship and its cargo during ongoing tensions with Iran. He said the US had taken over the vessel, including its oil, calling it a โ€œprofitable business,โ€ before adding, โ€œWeโ€™re like piratesโ€ฆ but weโ€™re not playing games.โ€ What happened at sea? The remarks come as part of a wider conflict involving a US-led blockade…
Read More
‘Armed forces fully prepared’: Iran says war with US may resume, cites Washington’s lack of commitment

‘Armed forces fully prepared’: Iran says war with US may resume, cites Washington’s lack of commitment

Tehran: Iranโ€™s armed forces have warned that hostilities with the United States and Israel could resume, saying it is "likely"ย that the conflict will reignite and accusing Washington of failing to honour agreements. The remarks were made by Mohammad Jafar Asadi, deputy at Iranโ€™s military headquarters, in a statement carried by the Fars news agency. He claimed recent actions and statements by US officials suggest a lack of genuine commitment to diplomatic efforts. Asadi said US messaging appears largely driven by media considerations, aimed at preventing a decline in oil prices and distancing itself from the situation it has created. He…
Read More
‘A national security threat’: Canadian intelligence report allays fears on Khalistani activities in country

‘A national security threat’: Canadian intelligence report allays fears on Khalistani activities in country

Ottawa (Canada): A report by Canadian intelligence service has claimed that Khalistani elements pose a national security threat to the country and their activities continue to promote extremist agenda. The report was prepared by the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) based on the intelligence assessment of 2025 and was tabled in the Parliament on Friday. The report also mentioned the 40th anniversary of the bombing of Air India Flight 182 that claimed 329 lives and labeled it as the "deadliest terrorist attack" in the history of Canada. However, it stated that no Canada-based Khalistani extremist (CBKE) related attacks in the…
Read More