World

Stay informed with World News Today Live — delivering real-time global headlines, breaking news, and major updates from politics, business, technology, health, and entertainment. Catch the world’s top stories as they unfold.

When will US-Iran conflict end? Trump says it is possible in two to three weeks as mission nears finish

When will US-Iran conflict end? Trump says it is possible in two to three weeks as mission nears finish

Tehran: In a significant development, US President Donald Trump on Wednesday suggested that the ongoing conflict with Iran could conclude within the next two to three weeks, expressing a high degree of confidence in the mission's trajectory. Iran wants to make a deal, says Trump Speaking from the Oval Office, the US President indicated that an even swifter resolution remains a possibility if a diplomatic breakthrough is achieved."It's possible that we'll have a deal because they want to make a deal. They want to make a deal more than I want to make a deal. But in a fairly short…
Read More
Iran threatens attack against Microsoft, Apple, and Alphabet from April 1

Iran threatens attack against Microsoft, Apple, and Alphabet from April 1

New Delhi: Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps has issued a warning that it will respond to any assassination by targeting companies linked to the United States. In its statement, the IRGC advised employees to leave such workplaces and urged residents within a 1 km radius to move to safer areas. The warning names major global firms including Apple, Google, Microsoft, and Tesla, among others, and states that the directive would take effect from 8:00 PM Tehran time on April 1. "These companies should expect the destruction of their respective units in exchange for each terror act in Iran, starting from 8…
Read More
Where is Mojtaba Khamenei? Russian envoy reveals Iranian Supreme Leader’s whereabouts

Where is Mojtaba Khamenei? Russian envoy reveals Iranian Supreme Leader’s whereabouts

New Delhi: As the war involving the US, Israel and Iran enters its second month, the world has yet to see Iran’s new Supreme Leader Mojtaba Khamenei in public. Mojtaba Khamenei has issued several statements and remarks, including warning to the US amif the conflict, the leader has been absent from the public and has not made any appearance so far. Russian envoy on Mojtaba Khamenei's location Amid speculation that he may be in Russia receiving treatment for injuries sustained during joint US Israel strikes, Moscow’s envoy has said that he remains in Iran. Speaking to local media, Russia’s ambassador to…
Read More
Foreign journalist abducted in Iraq; security forces launch search operation

Foreign journalist abducted in Iraq; security forces launch search operation

Baghdad: Iraq’s Interior Ministry has confirmed that a foreign journalist has been kidnapped, prompting an urgent security response across the country. Officials have not released the identity or nationality of the journalist and details surrounding the incident remain limited. According to a statement issued on Tuesday, security forces have begun a coordinated operation to locate the kidnappers and secure the journalist’s release. Authorities said they tracked a vehicle believed to be linked to the abduction, which later overturned while attempting to escape. During the operation, one suspect was taken into custody and a vehicle allegedly used in the kidnapping was…
Read More
Indian-origin man shot dead in suspected gang-related attack in Canada’s Surrey

Indian-origin man shot dead in suspected gang-related attack in Canada’s Surrey

Toronto: A 27-year-old man of Indian origin was killed in a shooting incident in Canada’s Surrey, in what authorities believe may be linked to organised crime. The incident took place late Saturday evening in the Sullivan Heights area, PTI reported citing local media reports. Police later identified the victim as Jasman Sekhon. Officers who reached the scene found him with gunshot injuries, but efforts to save him were unsuccessful. Investigators say the attack appears to have been targeted. As per reports, Sekhon was allegedly chased by a dark-coloured SUV before two individuals got out of the vehicle and opened fire.…
Read More
‘If Iran is not willing, US will…’: Pete Hegseth’s fresh warning to Tehran, big hint on ground offensive

‘If Iran is not willing, US will…’: Pete Hegseth’s fresh warning to Tehran, big hint on ground offensive

Washington: US Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth on Tuesday issued a strong warning to Iran, saying the country should agree to a deal with the United States or face intensified military action and the "coming days will be decisive" in the conflict which will only end on Trump's terms. Hegseth said President Donald Trump "doesn’t bluff" and "does not back down", adding that Iran’s new leadership should recognise this. 'US will continue with greater intensity if deal not taken' He stated that regime change had already occurred and urged the current leadership to act more wisely than its predecessor. "This new regime…
Read More
Trump tells nations to ‘build some courage’ and ‘get your own oil’ from Strait of Hormuz

Trump tells nations to ‘build some courage’ and ‘get your own oil’ from Strait of Hormuz

New Delhi: In a sharp statement amid the ongoing tensions involving Iran, US President Donald Trump on Tuesday urged countries facing fuel shortages due to the closure of the Strait of Hormuz to “build some courage and get their own oil.” The crucial shipping route through which nearly 20% of global oil and gas supplies pass has been severely disrupted following Iran’s retaliatory strikes after the US-Israeli military action in late February. Oil and gas vessels in the region have reportedly been targeted, worsening the global energy crunch. Trump's Iran oil rant In a post on Truth Social, Trump suggested…
Read More
Five explosions rock Dubai as Iran’s Gulf offensive intensifies amid broader Middle East conflict

Five explosions rock Dubai as Iran’s Gulf offensive intensifies amid broader Middle East conflict

Dubai: Several Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) states endured another day of intense missile and drone attacks linked to Iran, with authorities and residents reporting hostilities across the region, Al Jazeera has reported. In the United Arab Emirates, five explosions were heard in Dubai, underscoring rising security concerns as regional tensions escalate. Defense and security forces in multiple Gulf states have been on heightened alert amid the barrage of aerial threats, which come amid broader geopolitical conflict affecting the Middle East. Officials in Dubai confirmed that air defense systems were actively engaging incoming missiles and unmanned aerial vehicles as explosions echoed…
Read More
‘We are waiting for you’: Iran boasts its elite commandos in video amid US military buildup in West Asia

‘We are waiting for you’: Iran boasts its elite commandos in video amid US military buildup in West Asia

Tehran: Iran has released fresh footage of its elite army commandos, accompanied by a defiant warning directed at the United States, as thousands of American paratroopers from the 82nd Airborne Division begin arriving in West Asia amid the escalating conflict. The video, circulated by a state-linked outlet Press TV, shows Iran’s special forces and asserts their readiness to confront and defeat American troops. It prominently features the phrase “Come Close”, signalling a direct challenge to any potential US ground intervention in the region. The timing holds significance. According to Reuters, thousands of troops from the US Army’s 82nd Airborne Division…
Read More
Trump issues threat to destroy Iran’s energy sites, desalination plants if ceasefire isn’t reached ‘shortly’

Trump issues threat to destroy Iran’s energy sites, desalination plants if ceasefire isn’t reached ‘shortly’

Washington: US President Donald Trump on Monday threatened to destroy Iran’s energy sites, desalination plants and other vital infrastructure if a deal to end the war with Tehran is not reached "shortly." Trump stated that the US is negotiating with Iran's parliamentary speaker, Mohammad Bagher Qalibaf, in an interview with the New York Post published Monday. The former Revolutionary Guard commander was previously floated as Washington's negotiating partner, but has denied Iran is talking to the US and said Pakistan-facilitated discussions were merely a cover for American troop deployments. In the meantime, Israel has invaded southern Lebanon to push out…
Read More