World

Stay informed with World News Today Live โ€” delivering real-time global headlines, breaking news, and major updates from politics, business, technology, health, and entertainment. Catch the worldโ€™s top stories as they unfold.

‘No need for NATO help’: Trump amid war with Iran after allies pushback

‘No need for NATO help’: Trump amid war with Iran after allies pushback

New Delhi: US President Donald Trump on Tuesday came down heavily on NATO nations, saying most allies have refused to support Washingtonโ€™s efforts to ensure safe passage of ships through the Iran-blocked Strait of Hormuz. In a statement on Truth Social, Trump said the United States had been informed that several NATO countries were unwilling to get involved in military action against Iran, even as tensions in the Middle East continue to rise. โ€˜One way streetโ€™ย  Taking to Truth Social, Trump expressed frustration with the alliance, calling NATO a โ€œone-way street.โ€ He argued that while the US spends heavily on…
Read More
‘If India can get involved’: Finland urges New Delhi to mediate for ceasefire as Iran-US tensions rise

‘If India can get involved’: Finland urges New Delhi to mediate for ceasefire as Iran-US tensions rise

New Delhi: Finland has urged India to play a key role in reducing tensions between the United States and Iran, calling for an immediate ceasefire in the ongoing Middle East conflict. In an interview, Finland President Alexander Stubb suggested that India could help broker peace, highlighting recent diplomatic outreach by Indiaโ€™s External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar. โ€œWe need a ceasefire. Iโ€™m wondering if India can actually get involved. We saw Foreign Minister Jaishankar call for a ceasefire to calm things down,โ€ Stubb said. India steps up talks with Iran India has intensified engagement with Tehran amid rising hostilities. Last week,…
Read More
Trump’s counter-terrorism chief resigns, claims Iran posed no threat, US started war due to Israeli pressure

Trump’s counter-terrorism chief resigns, claims Iran posed no threat, US started war due to Israeli pressure

New Delhi: Joseph Kent, head of the United Statesโ€™ National Counterterrorism Center, has resigned over the ongoing US-Israel war in Iran, according to reports. In his resignation letter, Kent said that Iran posed no โ€œimminent threatโ€ to the United States, and suggested that Israeli pressure had influenced President Donald Trumpโ€™s decision to launch the war. "After much reflection, I have decided to resign from my position as Director of the National Counterterrorism Center, effective today," he wrote in a post on X, announcing his resignation. "I cannot in good conscience support the ongoing war in Iran. Iran posed no imminent…
Read More
Israel claims Iran security chief Ali Larijani killed in strikes, he posts handwritten note on X minutes later

Israel claims Iran security chief Ali Larijani killed in strikes, he posts handwritten note on X minutes later

Tehran: Israelโ€™s Defence Minister Israel Katz said on Tuesday that Iranโ€™s security chief Ali Larijani had been killed, according to Reuters, though there has been no confirmation from Tehran. โ€œLarijani and the Basij commander were eliminated overnight and joined the head of the annihilation programme, Khamenei, and all the eliminated members of the axis of evil, in the depths of hell,โ€ Katz said, as cited by his office. Reports of Larijaniโ€™s alleged death had earlier surfaced in Israeli media. However, later in the day, a post appeared on his social media account paying tribute to the โ€œmartyrsโ€ of the Islamic…
Read More
Benjamin Netanyahu’s office posts new pic of Israeli PM ordering hit on Iranian officials amid death rumours

Benjamin Netanyahu’s office posts new pic of Israeli PM ordering hit on Iranian officials amid death rumours

Tel Aviv: The Israeli Prime Ministerโ€™s Office shared an image on its official X, formerly Twitter, account that it said showed Benjamin Netanyahu overseeing military action against senior figures in Iranโ€™s leadership, signalling a sharp escalation in the widening Israelโ€“Iran conflict. "Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ordering the elimination of senior Iranian regime officials,โ€ and showed him in a command setting as the conflictย with Iran rages on, with both nations carrying out strikesย against each other. The post came amid a surge of online speculation, including unverified claims and conspiracy theories alleging that Netanyahu had been killed or incapacitated by Iranian strikes.…
Read More
Iran security chief Ali Larijani and top commander Gholamreza Soleimani killed, claims Israel

Iran security chief Ali Larijani and top commander Gholamreza Soleimani killed, claims Israel

Tehran: Israeli Defence Minister Israel Katz on Tuesday claimed that its military has killed Iran's security chiefย Aliย Larijaniย in overnight airstrikes. Besides, the IDF saidย top Iranian commander Gholamreza Soleimani has also been eliminated in same operation. However, Iran has not yet commented on the reports of any attack on the duo.ย The latest reports came after Iran's secretary of the Supreme National Security Council issued a message to the Muslim world saying that Tehran remains "steadfast" in its fight against the US and Israel. Earlier, Larijani had expressed disappointment at what he felt as a lack of support from Muslim-majority countries when Iran…
Read More
Nanda Devi tanker arrives at Gujarat’s Vadinar Port with 47,000 metric tonnes of LPG after Shivalik

Nanda Devi tanker arrives at Gujarat’s Vadinar Port with 47,000 metric tonnes of LPG after Shivalik

New Delhi: In a big news for India amid LPG shortage issue, another LPG tanker, 'Nanda Devi', carrying about 47,000 metric tonnes of liquefied petroleum gas, reached the Vadinar Port in Gujarat on Tuesday. Earlier, the first LPG tanker, Shivalik, which crossed the conflict-hit Strait of Hormuz, arrived at Gujaratโ€™s Mundra Port. Notably, two Indian-flagged vessels carrying liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) were granted transit through the Strait of Hormuz by Iranian authorities. One of them is the Shivalik, while the other vessel is Nanda Devi. ย 47,000 metric tonnes of LPG will help India during crisisย  Chief Officer of Nanda Devi…
Read More
US-Israel-Iran war: One killed in missile attack in Abu Dhabi; explosions heard in Doha and Dubai

US-Israel-Iran war: One killed in missile attack in Abu Dhabi; explosions heard in Doha and Dubai

Dubai: As the ongoing conflict involving Iran, the United States, and Israel intensified across the Gulf region, a Pakistani national was killed Tuesday morning in a missile attack on the United Arab Emirates capital Abu Dhabi, authorities said, as cited by news agency AP. According to the Abu Dhabi Media Office, the man died after shrapnel from an intercepted ballistic missile fell in the Bani Yas area while air defence systems were in operation. With this, the death toll in the United Arab Emirates since the start of the conflict has risen to eight, including two soldiers. Saudi Arabia's Defense…
Read More
Scores killed and several others injured as bombs explode in Nigeria, suicide bombing suspected

Scores killed and several others injured as bombs explode in Nigeria, suicide bombing suspected

Abuja: Scores killed and several others were injured after bombs exploded in at least three locations in northeastern Nigeria's Borno state on Monday night, the emergency services told The Associated Press, citing possible suicide bombings. As per the latest updates, explosions were heard in Maiduguri, the Borno state capital, where Nigeria's homegrown jihadi Boko Haram extremists have waged an insurgency for more than a decade. Blasts reported at University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital The blasts were reported at the entrance of the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital and two local markets, known as Post Office and the Monday Market, according…
Read More
‘No need for NATO help’: Trump amid war with Iran after allies pushback

Iran-Israel war: Trump seeks help to reopen Strait of Hormuz amid Iran’s stranglehold on shipping

Washington: In a significant development, US President Donald Trump on Monday said he has demanded about seven countries send warships to keep the Strait of Hormuz open as Iranian strikes kept slamming into Gulf countries. He said the US is negotiating with countries heavily reliant on Middle East crude to join a coalition to police the waterway where about one-fifth the world's traded oil normally flows. But European countries demanded to know when the conflict might end as they weighed whether to agree to his call to send warships for that effort. Israel steps campaign against Iran-backed militants in Lebanonย …
Read More