Trump to sue BBC for USD 5 billion over edited speech despite apology from British broadcaster
The BBC documentary at the heart of the controversy was aired in October 2024 and included references to Trumpโs 2021 speech in Washington DC, when he told supporters. Washington: US President Donald Trump has said he will move ahead with legal action against the BBC even though the British public broadcaster has apologised for the way his speech was edited in a documentary aired last year. "We'll sue them. We'll sue them for anywhere between a billion and 5 billion dollars, probably sometime next week," Trump told reporters on Air Force One overnight on Saturday. "We have to do it,…