World

Stay informed with World News Today Live โ€” delivering real-time global headlines, breaking news, and major updates from politics, business, technology, health, and entertainment. Catch the worldโ€™s top stories as they unfold.

BlackRock fraud: Indian-origin CEO accused of USD 500 million scam in US | All you need to know

BlackRock fraud: Indian-origin CEO accused of USD 500 million scam in US | All you need to know

A US based telecom businessman of Indian origin, Bankim Brahmbhatt, has been accused of carrying out a USD 500 million loan fraud linked to HPS Investment Partners, a lender backed by BlackRock. Washington: Bankimย Brahmbhatt, aย US-based telecom entrepreneur of Indian origin, has been accused of operating a large scale loan fraud worth more than USD 500 million by raising money through fake invoices and bankrupt firms, according to a report by The Wall Street Journal. What is the BlackRock fraud case? Brahmbhatt, who owns Broadband Telecom and Bridgevoice, is alleged to have created fake customer accounts and fabricated receivables to secure…
Read More
Trump doubles down on US nuclear weapons testing: ‘You’ll find out very soon’

Trump doubles down on US nuclear weapons testing: ‘You’ll find out very soon’

Between 1945 and 1992, the United States conducted 1,054 nuclear tests, the majority in Nevada, before halting them amid rising environmental concerns and reduced Cold War tensions. Washington: US President Donald Trump on Friday reiterated that the United States will resume nuclear testing, following his announcement earlier in the week directing the Pentagon to restart such tests. Speaking to reporters on Air Force One, Trump gave a guarded response when asked if this would include the traditional underground tests conducted during the Cold War. "You'll find out very soon. But we're going to do some testing, yeah,"ย Trump said on Air…
Read More
Is US planning military strikes in Venezuela? Here’s what Trump says

Is US planning military strikes in Venezuela? Here’s what Trump says

Donald Trump has denied authorising any military strike against Venezuela and rejected reports that claimed Washington was preparing to target Venezuelan military sites. The White House called such reports baseless, insisting any announcements would come directly from Trump. Washington: US President Donald Trump on Friday dismissed reports claiming that he had approved military strikes inside Venezuela. Speaking to reporters aboard Air Force One, Trump was asked if he had decided on such action, to which he replied, "no", as per a Bloomberg report. Since early September, the Trump administration has reportedly conducted at least 14 strikes on small boats in…
Read More
JD Vance condemns ‘disgusting’ remarks on wife’s religion, clarifies ‘Usha has no plans to convert’

JD Vance condemns ‘disgusting’ remarks on wife’s religion, clarifies ‘Usha has no plans to convert’

Addressing the controversy, the Vice President expressed deep respect and affection for his wife, emphasising that she had played a positive role in his spiritual journey. He said, โ€œMy wife has been the greatest blessing in my life. It was she who encouraged me to reconnect with my faith years ago." Washington: JD Vance, United States Vice President, has publicly denounced what he described as a 'disgusting' comment targeting his wife, Usha Vance, amid criticism over his recent remarks about their interfaith marriage. Vance came under fire after he mentioned during an event that he would like his Indian-origin wife…
Read More
Russia destroys strategic bridge in Dnepropetrovsk, deals major blow to Ukraine’s military supply lines

Russia destroys strategic bridge in Dnepropetrovsk, deals major blow to Ukraine’s military supply lines

The strike disrupts Kyivโ€™s logistics, hampers reinforcements to the eastern front, and threatens nearby civilians. Moscow called it a military success, while Kyiv sought NATO support. New Delhi: Russian forces have intensified attacks and sieges across Ukraine over the past week, targeting key military and logistical points. In a major escalation, Russia launched a precise airstrike on a strategic bridge in Ukraineโ€™s Dnepropetrovsk region, destroying it completely. The bridge, a crucial supply route for Ukrainian forces, carried weapons, military equipment, and personnel, making its loss a significant setback for Kyiv. Key supply line destroyed The Russian Air Force targeted the…
Read More
Indian-origin man sentenced to life in 2022 Vancouver golf course homicide

Indian-origin man sentenced to life in 2022 Vancouver golf course homicide

The British Columbia Supreme Court found Basra guilty of first-degree murder and arson in connection with the execution-style killing at the University Golf Club on October 17, 2022. New Delhi: A Canadian court has sentenced Indian-origin gangster Balraj Singh Basra to life imprisonment with no possibility of parole for 25 years in connection with the 2022 shooting death of Vishal Walia at a golf course near the University of British Columbia (UBC). Life sentence for execution-style killing The Supreme Court of British Columbia handed down the sentence on Tuesday after a jury found Basra guilty of first-degree murder and arson.…
Read More
‘American dream stolen’: US takes dig at India in new ad claiming H1B visa ‘abuse’

‘American dream stolen’: US takes dig at India in new ad claiming H1B visa ‘abuse’

In a post on X, the department stated that many young Americans have seen their chance at the American Dream taken away as jobs were replaced by foreign workers due to widespread abuse of the H1B system. Washington: The Trump administrationโ€™s Department of Labour has released a new social media advertisement accusing companies of misusing the H1B visa programme and replacing young American workers with foreign employees. The message directly points to India as the largest beneficiary of these visas and claims its an abuse of the migrant visa programme. In a post on X, the department stated that many…
Read More
Pakistan, Afghanistan agree to ceasefire; next round of talks on November 6 | 10 Points

Pakistan, Afghanistan agree to ceasefire; next round of talks on November 6 | 10 Points

According to the statement by Tรผrkiye's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Afghanistan and Pakistan have "agreed to put in place a monitoring and verification mechanism" to ensure the "maintenance of peace and imposing penalty on the violating party". Istanbul: Aiming to end in what would be considered as the worst border clashes between them, Pakistan and Afghanistan have finally agreed to a ceasefire after holding talks in Istanbul, said Tรผrkiye on Thursday (local time). In a statement, Tรผrkiye's Ministry of Foreign Affairs said the two sides will hold another meeting on November 6 in Istanbul to further discuss the modalities of…
Read More
Britain’s Prince Andrew stripped of titles, honours by King Charles over links to Jeffrey Epstein

Britain’s Prince Andrew stripped of titles, honours by King Charles over links to Jeffrey Epstein

In statement, the Buckingham Palace said Andrew will now be only known as Andrew Mountbatten Windsor, pointing out that King Charles has initiated a formal process to remove his "Style, Titles and Honours". London: Britain's Prince Andrew has been 'stripped of' his royal titles and honours by King Charles over his alleged links with the Jeffrey Epstein scandal, said the Buckingham Palace on Thursday (local time). 65-year-old Andrew is the third child and second son of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip. He has been under constant pressure over his links with Epstein, Earlier this month, Prince Andrew was also…
Read More
Trump administration limits number of refugees to 7,500, favours white South Africans in sharp policy shift

Trump administration limits number of refugees to 7,500, favours white South Africans in sharp policy shift

The Trump administration has drastically reduced the US refugee admission limit to 7,500 for FY 2026, focusing largely on white South Africans. The policy has raised concerns over America's shifting humanitarian priorities and its global image as a safe haven for refugees. Washington: In a major policy reversal, the Trump administration has announced that the United States will admit only 7,500 refugees in the upcoming fiscal year. What makes the move even more striking is that the majority of these admissions will reportedly be white South Africans, signalling a stark departure from past refugee programmes that prioritised victims of war…
Read More