World

Stay informed with World News Today Live — delivering real-time global headlines, breaking news, and major updates from politics, business, technology, health, and entertainment. Catch the world’s top stories as they unfold.

50 million barrels of Venezuela oil worth USD 4.2 billion on its way to US: Trump

50 million barrels of Venezuela oil worth USD 4.2 billion on its way to US: Trump

US President Donald Trump on Friday signed an Executive Order declaring a national emergency to protect Venezuelan oil revenue held in US Treasury accounts from legal attachment or judicial seizure, saying the move is aimed at advancing US foreign policy and national security objectives. Washington: US President Donald Trump said that Venezuela has begun sending 50 million barrels of oil to the United States, a shipment he valued at USD 4.2 billion. Speaking to reporters, Trump said Venezuela's acting President Delcy Rodriguez had personally requested Washington to accept the oil consignment. Trump did not clarify the specific terms of the…
Read More
Trump explores military options in Iran, says Tehran appears to have crossed its ‘red line’

Trump explores military options in Iran, says Tehran appears to have crossed its ‘red line’

Donald Trump warned that Iran appears to have crossed a "red line" with its violent repression of nationwide protests that have reportedly killed hundreds. Washington is considering "very strong options" in response, including possible military measures and efforts to restore internet access. Washington: Amid widespread protests in Iran that have reportedly killed more than 500 people, US President Donald Trump said on Sunday that Tehran appears to have crossed a "red line" drawn by his administration over the violent crackdown on demonstrators. The ongoing unrest across several provinces has prompted Washington to consider "very strong options" in response to the…
Read More
Trump identifies himself as ‘Acting President of Venezuela’ on Truth Social

Trump identifies himself as ‘Acting President of Venezuela’ on Truth Social

Earlier this month, the US carried out a large-scale strike against Venezuela, capturing the country’s leader, Nicolas Maduro, who, along with his wife Cilia Flores, was flown to New York, where they were indicted on narco-terrorism conspiracy charges. Washington: US President Donald Trump has shared a picture on his social media platform depicting himself with the designation "Acting President of Venezuela." The post, shared on Truth Social, showed a digitally edited image of a Wikipedia page presenting Trump as the incumbent Venezuelan president as of January 2026. Trump's official portrait, along with the caption "Acting President of Venezuela, Incumbent January 2026." It also lists…
Read More
Pakistan’s panic grows as it builds new defensive structures and resorts to human shields along LoC

Pakistan’s panic grows as it builds new defensive structures and resorts to human shields along LoC

Pakistan's latest provocations along the LoC, including drone activity, human shields and covert surveillance, expose its growing desperation after the heavy losses it suffered during Operation Sindoor. New Delhi: Months after Operation Sindoor, Pakistan has intensified its dirty tactics along the Line of Control (LoC) and the international border as it has started building new defensive structures on its side of the border, sources said. These positions are being reinforced with additional manpower and the alleged use of human shields, they added. The Pakistani Army has reportedly begun aggressive surveillance of Indian forward posts. Sources said that Pakistani troops are using both uniformed personnel…
Read More
Iran dismisses reports of arrest of Indian nationals during unrest, Ambassador calls it ‘totally false’

Iran dismisses reports of arrest of Indian nationals during unrest, Ambassador calls it ‘totally false’

At least 538 people have been killed in Iran during anti-government demonstrations over the past 15 days, including children. Meanwhile, Tehran has warned that the US military and Israel would be "legitimate targets" if America uses force to protect demonstrators. Tehran: Amid ongoing nationwide unrest, Iran's Ambassador to India, Mohammad Fathali, has dismissed the reports claiming Iranian police had arrested Indian nationals, terming the reports false. He urged the public to rely only on verified and credible sources for accurate information. The Iranian Ambassador's statement came as concerns grew in New Delhi over the safety of Indian students studying in…
Read More
Marco Rubio to be next Cuban president? Donald Trump says ‘sounds good to me’

Marco Rubio to be next Cuban president? Donald Trump says ‘sounds good to me’

Tensions have heightened between the two Cold War era enemies, with Trump warning that Cuba must "make a deal" with the US or it will face consequence. Washington: As tensions continue to soar between the United States (US) and other Latin American nations after the former conducted military strikes on Venezuela, President Donald Trump said on Sunday that he is okay with the idea of Secretary of State Marco Rubio becoming the next president of Cuba.  "Sounds good to me!" said the 79-year-old Republican leader while sharing a post on his Truth Social platform, in which a user, @Cliff_Smith_1, said…
Read More
Iran protests: At least 203 killed so far; Tehran warns US over potential military action

Iran protests: At least 203 killed so far; Tehran warns US over potential military action

Iran’s president, Masoud Pezeshkian, said officials are willing to listen to protesters, but warned that some rioters are attempting to 'destroy the entire society.' Tehran: At least 203 people have so far been killed in nationwide protests in Iran over soaring inflation and the rising cost of food and essential goods. The death count is feared to be far higher than the given figure, AP reported citing an activist. Anti-government protests erupted across the streets of Iran’s capital, as demonstrators voiced their anger over economic woes. The Iranian government has accused the United States of instigating the unrest. Meanwhile, internet…
Read More
‘No more Venezuelan oil or money for them’: Trump’s stark warning to Cuba after Venezuela Op

‘No more Venezuelan oil or money for them’: Trump’s stark warning to Cuba after Venezuela Op

President Donald Trump has issued an executive order aimed at protecting revenue from Venezuelan oil held in United States accounts from being diverted through court cases or legal seizures. Washington: Days after capturing Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro in military operation, US President Donald Trump has escalated pressure on Cuba. In a statement posted on his social media platform Truth Social, Trump declared that “there will be no more oil or money going to Cuba,” citing Havana’s longstanding reliance on Venezuelan oil and financial support in exchange for security and intelligence services. Trump also asked Cuban leaders to make a…
Read More
23-year-old Hindu farmer shot dead in Pakistan’s Sindh province

23-year-old Hindu farmer shot dead in Pakistan’s Sindh province

Kelash Kohli was shot at for allegedly constructing a shelter in the land owned by Nizamani in Talhar village of Badin district on January 4. Karachi: A 23-year-old Hindu farmer was shot dead in Pakistan's Sindh province, allegedly by his landlord, after a dispute over the construction of a shelter on the landlord's land, triggering widespread protests by the Hindu community, according to the news agency PTI on Sunday (January 11). Police arrested the accused landlord, Sarfaraz Nizamani, along with his alleged accomplice Zafarullah Khan, from Hyderabad late Saturday night, Badin SSP Qamar Reza Jaskani said. Hindu farmer was shot on…
Read More
Operation Hawkeye Strike: US launches large-scale airstrikes on ISIS targets in Syria

Operation Hawkeye Strike: US launches large-scale airstrikes on ISIS targets in Syria

Operation Hawkeye Strike: The large-scale strikes, conducted by the US alongside partner forces, occurred around 12:30 pm ET. The strikes hit multiple Islamic State targets across Syria. Washington: The US carried out large-scale strikes against Islamic State (ISIS) targets in Syria on Saturday following last month's ambush that killed two US soldiers and one American civilian interpreter in the country. According to US Central Command, the strikes, conducted by the US alongside partner forces, occurred around 12:30 pm (local time), hitting multiple ISIS targets across the country. The strikes were a part of 'Operation Hawkeye Strike'. "Today, at approximately 12:30 pm Eastern Time, U.S.…
Read More