World

Stay informed with World News Today Live โ€” delivering real-time global headlines, breaking news, and major updates from politics, business, technology, health, and entertainment. Catch the worldโ€™s top stories as they unfold.

Netanyahu dials Qatar PM from White House, apologises for Doha attack: Report

Netanyahu dials Qatar PM from White House, apologises for Doha attack: Report

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called Qatari Prime Minister Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Jassim Al Thani to offer an apology for the Israeli airstrikes on Doha, according to Reuters. New Delhi: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu dialed Qatar's Prime Minister Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Jassim Al Thani to issue an apology for the Israeli airstrikes on Doha on September 11, according to Reuters. The report of Netanyahuโ€™s phone call to the Qatari PM came shortly after his meeting with US President Donald Trump.ย  What does Netanyahuโ€™s apology mean?ย  Prime Minister Netanyahuโ€™s apology shows that Israel recognises Qatarโ€™s important role in…
Read More
Fact check: Trump not banned from Nobel Peace Prize, viral rumor about disqualification is false

Fact check: Trump not banned from Nobel Peace Prize, viral rumor about disqualification is false

A viral post claims that US President Donald Trump has been permanently disqualified from winning a Nobel Peace Prize is completely false. Is it true? New Delhi: A viral post recently made waves online, claiming that US President Donald Trump had been permanently barred from ever winning the Nobel Peace Prize. The post featured what appeared to be a genuine press release from the Associated Press (AP), dated September 25, 2025, suggesting that the Nobel Prize committee had issued this decision after controversial remarks made by Trump in a UN speech. The post is a hoax, and Trump has not…
Read More
Trump announces 100% tariff on foreign-made films, says other countries ‘stole’ business from US

Trump announces 100% tariff on foreign-made films, says other countries ‘stole’ business from US

US President Donald Trump has announced a 100% tariff on foreign-made films and a 30% tariff on imported furniture. New Delhi: US President Donald Trump announced a 100% tariff on all foreign-made films, citing what he called the "theft" of the American film industry by overseas players. The announcement, made via his social media platform Truth Social, comes after months of speculation about potential trade policies that would protect US entertainment businesses. In his post, Trump wrote, "Our movie making business has been stolen from the United States of America, by other countries, just like stealing 'candy from a baby'."…
Read More
Canada declares Lawrence Bishnoi gang as terrorist entity amid reset in India ties

Canada declares Lawrence Bishnoi gang as terrorist entity amid reset in India ties

The Bishnoi Gang, a transnational criminal group with roots in India, has come under increased scrutiny in Canada due to its growing presence in communities with large Indian diaspora populations. Known for violent crimes including murder, shootings and arson, the gang uses fear tactics. Ottawa (Canada): The Canadian government has officially designated the gang led by notorious gangster Lawrence Bishnoi as a terrorist entity. This announcement was made by Gary Anandasangaree, Canadaโ€™s Minister of Public Safety, on Monday. With this development, the properties owned by the group in Canada can now be confiscated. โ€œAs a now-listed entity, the Bishnoi…
Read More
China opens World’s tallest bridge, travel time reduced from two hours to two minutes | WATCH

China opens World’s tallest bridge, travel time reduced from two hours to two minutes | WATCH

The Huajiang Grand Canyon Bridge now holds two records as it is the tallest bridge in the world and is also called the largest-span bridge to have been made in a mountainous area. New Delhi: China has opened the Huajiang Grand Canyon Bridge, now called the world's tallest bridge in Guizhou for the public. Cutting the travel time from two hours to two minutes, the bridge is built at 625 meters above the ground in one of the most rugged landscapes in the region.ย  The structure was made after three years of work and has a total length of 2900…
Read More
Massive civilian protests erupt in PoK: Police deployed, internet suspended, check what their demands are

Massive civilian protests erupt in PoK: Police deployed, internet suspended, check what their demands are

Reports suggest that the Shehbaz Sharif government in Islamabad and the Pakistani army are concerned that the ongoing protests could escalate into broader demands for Azadi (freedom) from Pakistan. Islamabad: The Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) witnessed a massive protest as the Awami Action Committee (AAC) launched sweeping demonstrations across the region on Monday. The protesters called for a "shutter-down and wheel-jam" which triggered heightened tensions in the region with Islamabad deploying security forces and suspending internet access from midnight to curb mobilisation. The agitators also called for a full lockdown across the region. Internet services suspended In the meantime, several traders'…
Read More
Violence breaks out in Bangladesh: Three killed as conflict spreads in Khagrachari region, police deployed

Violence breaks out in Bangladesh: Three killed as conflict spreads in Khagrachari region, police deployed

Police confirmed the deaths of three men without elaborating on their identities, while residents and witnesses said both feuding sides turned violent, setting ablaze each otherโ€™s businesses and households in Khagrachhari hill district, some 270 kilometres northeast of Dhaka on the motorway. Dhaka: At least three people killed and several others were injured as violence broke out in parts of the southeastern Bangladesh hills between aboriginal tribesmen and the settler Bengali community over alleged gang rape of a tribal girl. Police confirmed the deaths of three men without elaborating on their identities, while residents and witnesses said both feuding sides…
Read More
Typhoon Bualoi makes landfall in Vietnam: Airports closed, thousands evacuated to safer places

Typhoon Bualoi makes landfall in Vietnam: Airports closed, thousands evacuated to safer places

Typhoon Bualoi: In Vietnam, the typhoon was expected to bring winds of up to 133 kph (83 mph), storm surges of more than a meter (3.2 feet) and heavy rains that could trigger flash floods and landslides. Hanoi: Airports were closed and thousands of people were evacuated from central and northern provinces to safer places as Typhoon Bualoi made landfall in Vietnam in early hours on on Monday. The storm came ashore in northern coastal province Ha Tinh and the weather office said it would move inland before weakening as it pushed northwest toward the hilly regions of Ha…
Read More
Nepal imposes travel ban on ousted PM KP Sharma Oli amid probe into Gen-Z protests

Nepal imposes travel ban on ousted PM KP Sharma Oli amid probe into Gen-Z protests

Nepal Gen-Z protests: The development comes a day after Oli, the chairperson of the Communist Party of Nepal (Unified Marxistโ€“Leninist), made his first public appearance following his resignation. On Saturday, Oli attended an event organised by the Rashtriya Yuwa Sangh in Bhaktapur. Kathmandu: The interim Nepal government led by Prime Minister Sushila Karki on Sunday imposed a travel ban on ousted PM KP Sharma Oli in view of the probe into the Gen Z protests. Apart from Oli, it also imposed travel restrictions were also imposed on four others - former Home Minister Ramesh Lekhak, Home Secretary Gokarna Mani Duwadi,…
Read More
Canada eyes Indian H-1B talent following Trump’s 0K visa fee increase

Canada eyes Indian H-1B talent following Trump’s $100K visa fee increase

Following a steep hike in H-1B visa fees by the Trump administration in the US, Canada is actively positioning itself as a new hub for foreign tech workers. New Delhi: hqbDays after, US President Donald Trump signed an executive order imposing a $100,000 fee on all new H-1B visa petitions, effective from September 21, 2025. The decision caused panic and confusion, especially among Indian tech workers, who make up over 72% of H-1B visa holders. The White House later clarified that only new visa applications would be affected, not existing holders. However, the move was justified by the US government…
Read More