World

Stay informed with World News Today Live โ€” delivering real-time global headlines, breaking news, and major updates from politics, business, technology, health, and entertainment. Catch the worldโ€™s top stories as they unfold.

Netanyahu backs USโ€“Iran ceasefire, stresses deal doesn’t apply to Hezbollah conflict in Lebanon

Netanyahu backs USโ€“Iran ceasefire, stresses deal doesn’t apply to Hezbollah conflict in Lebanon

Jerusalem: Israel has expressed support for the United Statesโ€™ temporary ceasefire with Iran, but Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu emphasised that the agreement does not include conflict with Hezbollah in Lebanon. In a statement released on Wednesday, Netanyahuโ€™s office said Israel welcomed US President Donald Trumpโ€™s decision to pause strikes against Iran for a period of two weeks. The pause is conditional on Iran immediately reopening the Strait of Hormuz and halting all attacks against the US, Israel, and other regional countries. The statement also highlighted Israelโ€™s backing for Washingtonโ€™s broader efforts to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons or advancing…
Read More
Mojtaba Khamenei tells Iranian military to stop firing after ceasefire with US, warns ‘this is not end of war’

Mojtaba Khamenei tells Iranian military to stop firing after ceasefire with US, warns ‘this is not end of war’

Tehran: Iran's Supreme Leaderย Mojtaba Khamenei on Wednesday adopted a cautious approach to the ceasefire with the US, ordering all its military units to stop firing, but keep their hands on the trigger, as this "will not be the end of the war". In a statement broadcast on Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting, Khamenei said the conflict is ongoing, but all branches of the military must comply with the ceasefire order and halt operations. At the same time, Iran issued a strong warning, stressing that its forces remain on high alert. It said the ceasefire should not be interpreted as a…
Read More
Iran agrees to ceasefire, to reopen Strait of Hormuz; what’s in the 10-point plan

Iran agrees to ceasefire, to reopen Strait of Hormuz; what’s in the 10-point plan

New Delhi: Iran has agreed to a two-week ceasefire but made it clear that this is only a temporary pause, not the end of the conflict. Officials said negotiations with the United States will begin soon, with talks expected to take place in Islamabad. The leadership stressed that the ceasefire depends on several key conditions being met. Iran has agreed to reopen the Strait of Hormuz during the ceasefire period. However, it said movement through the route will be monitored and managed by its armed forces, meaning access will not be completely unrestricted. What are Iranโ€™s ceasefire conditions? At the…
Read More
US-Iran agree on two-week ceasefire, Trump to stop bombings: What we know so far

US-Iran agree on two-week ceasefire, Trump to stop bombings: What we know so far

New Delhi: US President Donald Trump announced that it would pause military strikes on Iran for a period of two weeks. The announcement came via his Truth Social platform just about 90 minutes before his own deadline for potential escalation. Trump described the move as a โ€œdouble-sided ceasefire,โ€ suggesting that both nations would refrain from aggressive actions during this period. โ€œI agree to suspend the bombing and attack of Iran for a period of two weeks. This will be a double-sided CEASEFIRE!,โ€ Trump posted.ย  Here's what Trump said A key condition outlined by Trump was the โ€œcomplete, immediate, and safe…
Read More
‘Whole civilisation will die tonight, never to be brought back again’: Trump’s big warning to Iran

‘Whole civilisation will die tonight, never to be brought back again’: Trump’s big warning to Iran

Washington: Amid escalating tensions in West Asia, US President Donald Trump once again asked Iran to reach an agreement before his Tuesday deadline, cautioning that failure to do so could trigger irreversible devastation. His latest remarks heightened tension over the already volatile situation as both sides remain locked in a conflict for over a month now. In a strongly worded post on Truth Social, Trump declared, "A whole civilisation will die tonight, never to be brought back again. I donโ€™t want that to happen, but it probably will." He described the coming hours as "one of the most important moments…
Read More
Iran’s counter warning to US: ‘We will not hesitate, double our strikes with new launch platforms’

Iran’s counter warning to US: ‘We will not hesitate, double our strikes with new launch platforms’

Tehran: Soon after Trumpโ€™s warning, Iran issued a counter warning and said it will not hesitate and double the strikes with new launch platforms. Iran also said all diplomatic channels and indirect talks have been frozen following Trumpโ€™s recent threats. We will double our strikes: Iran to US โ€œWe will double our strikes with new launch platforms for Fatah and Khaybar Shekan missiles,โ€ IRGC Aerospace Force Commander said in a communication. Iran's elite Guards the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) threatened to take the war beyond the Middle East, in a warning to the US as it ramps up attacks…
Read More
Netanyahu on Iran war: Israel crushing Iranian regime with greater vigour, increasing force

Netanyahu on Iran war: Israel crushing Iranian regime with greater vigour, increasing force

Tel Aviv: Amid Trumpโ€™s strong warning to Iran, Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday said that his country is "crushing the regime in Iran with great vigour" while asserting that the Israeli offensive against Tehran is not against its people. "I tell you constantly that we are crushing the terrorist regime in Iran. But we are doing so with even greater vigour, and with increasing force," Netanyahu said as the world waited with bated breath for the approaching deadline issued by US President Donald Trump. Our pilots attacked train tracks and bridges in Iran: Netanyahu Prime Minister of Israel,…
Read More
Shelly Kittleson, US journalist who was kidnapped in last week, released by Kataib Hezbollah

Shelly Kittleson, US journalist who was kidnapped in last week, released by Kataib Hezbollah

Baghdad: Shelly Kittleson, American journalist who was kidnapped in Baghdad last week, has been released, an Iraqi official said on Tuesday. Earlier in the day, Iraqi militia Kataib Hezbollah said in a statement that it will release American journalist Shelly Kittleson. The group said its decision came "in appreciation of the patriotic stances of the outgoing prime minister," Mohammed Shia al-Sudani, without giving more details. It added that "this initiative will not be repeated in the future." Kataib Hezbollah had not previously acknowledged that it was the one responsible for Kittleson's abduction, although both US and Iraqi officials had pointed…
Read More
Iran rallies with massive human chains to shield power plants as Trump’s strike deadline nears | VIDEO

Iran rallies with massive human chains to shield power plants as Trump’s strike deadline nears | VIDEO

Tehran: As the countdown to the US strike deadline intensifies, rare scenes of public mobilisation unfolded across Iran on Tuesday. In Ilam, thousands of residents formed long human chains in a show of defiance against US President Donald Trump's threat to target key Iranian infrastructure. The demonstration marked one of the strongest civilian responses so far to Washington's warnings. According to reports carried by the Tasnim news agency, men, women and children gathered along major roads, waving national flags and holding placards bearing images of Iranian leaders. They joined hands to create long chains aimed at symbolically protecting bridges and…
Read More
Russia, China veto UN resolution to reopen Strait of Hormuz blocked by Iran

Russia, China veto UN resolution to reopen Strait of Hormuz blocked by Iran

United Nations: Russia and China on Tuesday vetoed a United Nations Security Council resolution aimed at reopening the strategically crucial Strait of Hormuz, a key global oil transit route that has been blockaded by Iran.ย The 15-nation UN Security Council voted on the resolution proposed by Bahrain, which received 11 votes in favour, while Russia and China voted against it, and two members abstained. The resolution could not be adopted because veto-wielding permanent members Russia and China voted against the resolution. The vote came just hours before a deadline set by Donald Trump, who has warned Iran to reopen the Strait…
Read More