World

Stay informed with World News Today Live โ€” delivering real-time global headlines, breaking news, and major updates from politics, business, technology, health, and entertainment. Catch the worldโ€™s top stories as they unfold.

Iran’s new Supreme Leader Mojtaba Khamenei ‘safe and sound’ despite war injuries: President’s son

Iran’s new Supreme Leader Mojtaba Khamenei ‘safe and sound’ despite war injuries: President’s son

Tehran: Iran's new Supreme Leader, Mojtaba Khamenei, has been injured during the ongoing conflict in the Middle East, confirmed Iran's President's son, Yousef Pezeshkian on Wednesday. According to news agency AFP, the president's son said the new leader, who succeeded his father, Ali Khamenei, after he was killed in US-Israel strikes, is "safe and sound" despite reports of an injury during the war.ย  The statement comes amid growing speculation over Khamenei's health and whereabouts.ย  He is safe and sound "I heard news that Mr Mojtaba Khamenei had been injured. I have asked some friends who had connections. They told me…
Read More
Cargo ship set ablaze in Strait of Hormuz after being hit by projectile, says British military amid conflict

Cargo ship set ablaze in Strait of Hormuz after being hit by projectile, says British military amid conflict

London: Amid the ongoing conflict in the Middle East, a cargo ship sailing through the tense Strait of Hormuz caught fire on Wednesday after being struck by a projectile, according to the United Kingdom Maritime Trade Operations (UKMTO), The Associated Press (AP) reported.ย The incident occurred just north of Oman which prompted the crew to immediately abandon the vessel. Investigations are underway to determine the nature of the projectile and the extent of the damage. Iran has not taken responsibility for the strike, but it has been linked to several recent attacks on commercial vessels in and around the strategic waterway.…
Read More
Trump announces ‘historic’ 0 billion oil refinery in Texas with Reliance backing amid West Asia conflict

Trump announces ‘historic’ $300 billion oil refinery in Texas with Reliance backing amid West Asia conflict

Washington: President Donald Trump on Tuesday (local time) announced that the opening of the first new US oil refinery in 50 years in Brownsville, Texas, with the investment help from India's Reliance Industries Ltd. Announcing the 'historic' $300 billion dollar deal on his social media platform Truth Social, Trump thanked energy giant Reliance Industries for the 'tremendous' investment. US oilย refinery in Texas "America is returning to REAL ENERGY DOMINANCE! Today I am proud to announce that America First Refining is opening the FIRST new U.S. Oil Refinery in 50 YEARS in Brownsville, Texas. THIS IS A HISTORIC $300 BILLION DOLLAR…
Read More
Iran War LIVE Updates: Saudi forces intercept missiles, drones near key bases

Iran War LIVE Updates: Saudi forces intercept missiles, drones near key bases

New Delhi: As conflict continues to intensify between United States-Israel and Iran, Tehran has reiterated that it will "not seek a ceasefire", insisting that those it calls aggressors must face consequences. The statement came shortly after the White House said the conflict would end only when former US President Donald Trump "declares all objectives have been met." Meanwhile, Iran escalated regional tensions on Tuesday by launching fresh strikes on Gulf Arab states, even as an airstrike in northern Iraq killed five militants aligned with Tehran. Israel has also accused Iran of deploying cluster munitions throughout the conflict -- a tactic…
Read More
US-Iran clash intensifies in Strait of Hormuz as video shows strikes on Iranian mine-laying boats | Watch

US-Iran clash intensifies in Strait of Hormuz as video shows strikes on Iranian mine-laying boats | Watch

New Delhi: The twelfth day of the escalating Middle East conflict witnessed intense action at sea, with the US claiming to have destroyed more than ten Iranian mine-laying boats in the Strait of Hormuz. While the US and Israel continue striking inside Iran, Tehran has been responding with drone attacks and ballistic missiles, pushing the war to a dangerous maritime front. President Donald Trump shared details on social media and the US Central Command released a video showcasing the strikes. CENTCOM releases footage of Iranian vessels hit The video posted by the US Central Command shows Iranian ships and submarines…
Read More
US says it destroyed 16 mine-laying vessels as Iran threatens to block Gulf oil exports

US says it destroyed 16 mine-laying vessels as Iran threatens to block Gulf oil exports

Washington: Amid intensified war in the Middle East, the US military on Wednesday said it took out multiple Iranian vessels on Tuesday as the Islamic Republic vowed to block the region's oil exports and concerns grew about the country's threats to stop tankers from using a waterway through which 20 per cent of the world's oil is shipped. The US military further added that it destroyed 16 mine-laying Iranian vessels, though President Donald Trump said in social media posts that there were no reports of Iran planting explosives in the Strait of Hormuz. Trump earlier warned Iran against laying mines…
Read More
Drone attack strikes UAE’s massive Ruwais refinery, markets on alert

Drone attack strikes UAE’s massive Ruwais refinery, markets on alert

New Delhi: The United Arab Emiratesโ€™s largest refinery, ADNOC Ruwais Refinery, has come under attack in a drone strike. The facility, the largest single-site refinery in the Middle East and fourth largest worldwide, processes up to 837,000 barrels of crude oil daily. Heart of UAEโ€™s oil infrastructure targeted Located about 245 kilometers west of Abu Dhabi along the Arabian Gulf coast, the Ruwais Refinery is central to the UAEโ€™s oil exports, petrochemical production, and strategic reserves.ย  Authorities emphasised that this is not a civilian or storage site but the core of the countryโ€™s energy infrastructure, converting crude into gasoline, diesel,…
Read More
Trump signals possible talks with Iran as Middle East reels under severe unrest: Report

Trump signals possible talks with Iran as Middle East reels under severe unrest: Report

Washington: US President Donald Trump has suggested he might be open to discussions with Iran, depending on the conditions, during an interview with Fox News. Trump said he had heard that Tehran was eager to negotiate, but he stressed that any engagement would depend on the terms offered.ย  The comments came during a Monday evening interview, reported by the cable news network on Tuesday. In the same interview, Trump also voiced his criticism of Iranโ€™s newly appointed Supreme Leader, Mojtaba Khamenei. Trump said he did not believe the leader could live peacefully. US War Secretary vows intense strikes on Iran…
Read More
Trump says he’ll ‘live with’ findings on probe into deadly Iran school strike that killed over 100 girls

Trump says he’ll ‘live with’ findings on probe into deadly Iran school strike that killed over 100 girls

New Delhi: Amid rising scrutiny over the deaths of around 170 people, including over 100 students at a girlsโ€™ school in Minab, Iran, US President Donald Trump signaled he is prepared to โ€œlive withโ€ whatever a Pentagon investigation concludes about the incident. The strike, which occurred on February 28 during early US-Israeli operations, has sparked international outrage and drawn attention to possible use of a US-made Tomahawk missile. US probes, Trumpโ€™s controversial commentsย  Initially, Trump told reporters aboard Air Force One that he did not โ€œknow enoughโ€ about the strike and suggested, controversially, that Iran itself might have carried out…
Read More
Pakistan’s Murid airbase command centre demolished months after Operation Sindoor: Report

Pakistan’s Murid airbase command centre demolished months after Operation Sindoor: Report

New Delhi: Nearly ten months after an Indian airstrike targeted Pakistanโ€™s Murid airbase, new satellite images reported by NDTV suggest that efforts to repair a key facility there have failed. The base, located near Chakwal, houses important infrastructure linked to the Pakistan Air Force. Recent imagery indicates that a building believed to be a command-and-control centre has now been completely demolished after suffering extensive damage in Operation Sindoor. Satellite imagery analyst Damien Symon said the latest visuals show exposed ground and scattered debris where the structure once stood. According to him, the condition of the site suggests the buildingโ€™s internal…
Read More