World

Stay informed with World News Today Live โ€” delivering real-time global headlines, breaking news, and major updates from politics, business, technology, health, and entertainment. Catch the worldโ€™s top stories as they unfold.

Balen Shah, former rapper, takes oath as Nepal’s youngest PM at 35 after massive poll victory

Balen Shah, former rapper, takes oath as Nepal’s youngest PM at 35 after massive poll victory

Kathmandu: Days after winning the election in Nepal, rapper-turned-politician Balendra Shah 'Balen,' took oath as Nepal's democratically elected prime minister on Friday, around six months after the K P Sharma Oli-led government was ousted in a Gen-Z protest that shook the nation. The 35-year-old Rastriya Swatantra Party (RSP) leader was sworn in at a ceremony at the President's Office in Sheetal Niwas at the auspicious time of 12.34 pm. Balen, also an engineer, is the youngest person to assume the office in the Himalayan nation, and also the first person from the Madhes region to hold the top executive post.…
Read More
Donald Trump’s signature all set to feature on US paper currency for first time in history

Donald Trump’s signature all set to feature on US paper currency for first time in history

Washington: US President Donald Trumpโ€™s signature is all set to feature on US paper currency soon, a first for a sitting President since the introduction of dollar bills in 1861. The move, taken by the US Treasury, coincides with the 250th anniversary celebrations of American Independence this year. US Treasurer Brandon Beach in a statement said that, in celebration of Americaโ€™s 250th anniversary, President Donald J Trumpโ€™s signature alongside Treasury Secretary Scott Bessentโ€™s will soon appear on US currency, marking a first in history. Federal arts commission earlier approved the final design A federal arts commission earlier this month approved…
Read More
Trump hails PM Modi amid West Asia tensions: ‘Modi and I are two people that get things done’

Trump hails PM Modi amid West Asia tensions: ‘Modi and I are two people that get things done’

New Delhi: US President Donald Trump has commended Prime Minister Narendra Modi as a leader who delivers results, expressing strong optimism about the future of India-US ties. In a message shared through the US Embassy in India, Trump said, "Our amazing relationship with India will be even stronger going forward. Prime Minister Modi and I are two people that get things done, something that cannot be said for most." Earlier on Tuesday (March 24), the two leaders held a detailed conversation regarding the intensifying conflict in the Middle East, now in its fourth week, which has triggered significant disruptions in…
Read More
Iran War LIVE Updates: UN Security Council to hold closed meeting on Tehran today

Iran War LIVE Updates: UN Security Council to hold closed meeting on Tehran today

New Delhi: The ongoing conflict in the Middle East continued without any sign of a breakthrough as new attacks were reported in Iran, Israel and Lebanon. Israel carried out strikes on key infrastructure at several sites in Iran, while Tehran launched missiles towards Israel as well as the UAE. Meanwhile, US President Donald Trump has extended his deadline for Iran to open the Strait of Hormuz to April 6. He said he will hold off on bombing Iran's energy plants. The development comes even as earlier in the day, the two countries appeared at an impasse, hardening their positions over…
Read More
Senior commander in Hezbollah’s anti-tank array Hassan Mohammad Bashir killed in Israeli strike

Senior commander in Hezbollah’s anti-tank array Hassan Mohammad Bashir killed in Israeli strike

Tel Aviv: Amid intensified war in the Middle East, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) on Thursday (local time) stated that a senior commander inย Hezbollah's anti-tank array, Hassan Mohammad Bashir, has been "eliminated" in Israeli strike. Taking to X, theย IDFย stated that Bashir was reportedly involved in orchestrating numerous attacks against Israeli forces and civilians and noted that he had recently started working closely withย Hezbollah's anti-tank units north of the Litani River, a strategic area in southern Lebanon. Bashir advanced hundreds of terror attacks againstย IDFย troops "ELIMINATED: Hassan Mohammad Bashir, a senior commander inย Hezbollah's anti-tank array in the Hajir area. Bashir advanced hundreds…
Read More
Trump extends pause on striking Iran’s energy facilities till April 6, says ‘talks are going well’

Trump extends pause on striking Iran’s energy facilities till April 6, says ‘talks are going well’

Washington: US President Donald Trump on Thursday announced to extend the pause to attack Iran's energy facilities by 10 days, stating that discussions between Washington and Tehran are progressing positively. In a message posted on his Truth Social account, Trump said the decision was taken following a request from the Iranian government. "As per Iranian Government request, please let this statement serve to represent that I am pausing the period of Energy Plant destruction by 10 Days to Monday, April 6, 2026, at 8 P.M., Eastern Time. Talks are ongoing and, despite erroneous statements to the contrary by the Fake…
Read More
As Tehran rejects truce plan, Trump claims Iran sent 10 boats of oil to US through Hormuz to advance talks

As Tehran rejects truce plan, Trump claims Iran sent 10 boats of oil to US through Hormuz to advance talks

Washington: Donald Trump on Thursdayย said that Iran is allowing "ten boats of oil"ย to pass through the Strait of Hormuz as a goodwill gesture in ongoing backchannel talks, adding that the vessels appear to be operating under Pakistan flags. The revelation from the US president comes just after Tehran, through multiple sources, rejected the US proposal on reaching ceasefire in the ongoing conflict in the Middle East, calling it "one-sided" and protecting Israeli interestes and presenting its own demands. Trump's remarks followedย earlier reference to a "very significant prize"ย from Tehran, which he suggested was linked to developments in the strategically vital waterway,…
Read More
Iran allows children as young as 12 to enroll in war-related roles

Iran allows children as young as 12 to enroll in war-related roles

Tehran: With the tensions unlikely to end in the Middle East anytime soon, Iran has decided to allow children as young as 12 years of age to participate in war-related roles, said an Iranian official on Thursday. This initiative has been named 'For Iran' by the Iranian officials, who have asked civilians to actively participate in patrolling and checkpoint duties. "Given that the age of those coming forward has dropped and they are asking to take part, we lowered the minimum age to 12," Rahim Nadali, a cultural official with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) in Tehran, was quoted…
Read More
‘One-side and unfair’: Iran again rejects Trump’s peace deal, but keeps dialogue path open

‘One-side and unfair’: Iran again rejects Trump’s peace deal, but keeps dialogue path open

Tehran: Iran has reviewed and rejected Washington's latest proposal aimed at ending the conflict, describing it as โ€œone-sided and unfair"ย and accusing the United States of pushing terms that favour only American and Israeli interests, Reuters reported A senior Iranian official told Reuters that the proposal was examined in detail on Wednesday night after being conveyed through Pakistan, but failed to meet the minimum requirements for progress. "In brief, the proposal suggests that Iran would relinquish its ability to defend itself in exchange for a vague plan to lift sanctions,โ€ the official said. "It is aย one-sided and unfair, serving only US…
Read More
Billions already burned in Iran war, US mulls diverting weapons from Ukraine to Middle East: Report

Billions already burned in Iran war, US mulls diverting weapons from Ukraine to Middle East: Report

Washington: The Pentagon is contemplating diverting its weapons supply meant for Ukraine to defend against Russia to the ongoing war with Iran in the Middle East following an ammunition scarcity in the US arsenal and billions already spent in tackling Tehran's missile and drone attacks, the Washington Post has reported. The potential redirection of weapons supplies includes air defence interceptor missiles used in systems such as Patriot missile system and THAAD. These weapons were originally procured by the United States under the Prioritised Ukraine Requirements List, a NATO-led mechanism through which European countries fund American-made arms deliveries to Ukraine. According…
Read More