World

Stay informed with World News Today Live โ€” delivering real-time global headlines, breaking news, and major updates from politics, business, technology, health, and entertainment. Catch the worldโ€™s top stories as they unfold.

Strait of Hormuz remains closed ‘only for enemies’, says Iran after Trump’s 48-hour ultimatum

Strait of Hormuz remains closed ‘only for enemies’, says Iran after Trump’s 48-hour ultimatum

Tehran: Amid the ongoing uncertainty over crude oil as the conflict in the Middle East continues to rage on, Iran said on Sunday that the Strait of Hormuz remains open closed only for enemies of the Islamic Republic. A top Iranian official said that foreign vessels can navigate through the Strait of Hormuz if they coordinate with the Iranian authorities for 'safety and security' arrangements. Ali Mousavi, who is Iran's representative to the International Maritime Organization (IMO), said Tehran's territorial integrity and sovereignty must be protected, though, he added that the Middle East nation is ready to coordinate with global…
Read More
Iran says it shot down ‘enemy’ F-15 fighter jet near Hormuz island after Trump’s warning | WATCH

Iran says it shot down ‘enemy’ F-15 fighter jet near Hormuz island after Trump’s warning | WATCH

Tehran: Following US President Donald Trump's 48-hour ultimatum to Iran to open the Strait of Hormuz within next 48 hours, Iranian media has claimed that the country's military have shot down an F-15 fighter aircraft of the 'enemy' over the Hormuz. The F-15 jet was intercepted by Iranian air defence systems near the Hormuz island over the country's southern coast. Tehran Times has also released a 29-second video on micro-blogging website X (previously Twitter) showing how the Iranian forces detected the F-15 and shot down it down. India TV Digital, however, cannot verify the veracity of the video. It is…
Read More
UK deploys nuclear-powered submarine HMS Anson in Arabian Sea US-Iran war: Report

UK deploys nuclear-powered submarine HMS Anson in Arabian Sea US-Iran war: Report

London: The United Kingdom has deployed a nuclear-powered submarine to the Arabian Sea amid the escalating conflict in the Middle East, according to a report by the Daily Mail citing military sources. The submarine, HMS Anson, is said to be equipped with Tomahawk cruise missiles and is believed to be positioning itself in the northern Arabian Sea. The move is expected to enhance Britain's capability to carry out strikes on Iran if the regional conflict intensifies further. Armed with Tomahawk Block IV missiles and Spearfish torpedoes, HMS Anson reportedly departed from Perth earlier this month and travelled approximately 5,500 miles…
Read More
Six killed, one missing as Qatari helicopter crashes after ‘technical malfunction’ amid Middle East conflict

Six killed, one missing as Qatari helicopter crashes after ‘technical malfunction’ amid Middle East conflict

Doha: At least six people were killedย after a Qatari military helicopter crashed in the Persian Gulf nation's territorial watersย after a technical malfunction, the government said on Sunday.ย The Interior Ministry said one person is still missing from the crash, which took place the day before. The incident comes amid the ongoing regional tensions involving the United States, Israel, and Iran in the Middle East. Crashย after 'technical malfunction'ย  The Defence Ministry blamed "technical malfunction" for the helicopter crash. "A Qatari helicopter had a technical malfunction during a routine duty, which led to its crash in the regional waters of the State," Qatar's…
Read More
Saudi Arabia expels Iranian military attache, order them to leave within 24 hours

Saudi Arabia expels Iranian military attache, order them to leave within 24 hours

New Delhi: In a strong response to what it called the "blatant" Iranian attacks on Saudi Arabia and other Gulf nations, Saudi Arabia declared five Iranian diplomats, including the military attache, as โ€œpersona non grataโ€ on Sunday. The Kingdom gave them 24 hours to leave the country, further escalating tensions in an already volatile region. Saudi Arabiaโ€™s Ministry of Foreign Affairs condemned the continuous Iranian assaults, calling them a โ€œflagrant violationโ€ of international law, the principles of good neighborliness, and the United Nations Security Councilโ€™s resolution 2817 (2026). In its statement, the ministry also stressed that the attacks go against…
Read More
Video shows massive fireball from Iranian missiles striking Dimona and Arad | WATCH

Video shows massive fireball from Iranian missiles striking Dimona and Arad | WATCH

New Delhi: Iran launched a series of missile strikes on Israelโ€™s southern cities of Dimona and Arad on Saturday night. Videos circulating on social media show a massive ball of fire hurtling through the sky before slamming into the cities, reducing several buildings to rubble. The strikes are widely seen as Iranโ€™s retaliation for the recent targeting of its Natanz nuclear enrichment facility. Dimona, located just 20 kilometers from Israelโ€™s main nuclear research center, bore the brunt of the attack. The explosion caused widespread damage, with windows shattered and debris scattered in the streets. Social media footage, though unverified, depicted…
Read More
‘Bomb Mumbai and Delhi if US attacks our nukes’: Ex-Pakistan envoy Abdul Basit’s hollow threat to India

‘Bomb Mumbai and Delhi if US attacks our nukes’: Ex-Pakistan envoy Abdul Basit’s hollow threat to India

Islamabad: Amid the ongoing conflict involving the United States and Israel, a controversial remark by former Pakistan High Commissioner to India Abdul Basit has raised fresh concerns over regional security, after he suggested that Pakistan could target India in the event of a foreign attack. Speaking during a discussion centred on a hypothetical conflict, Basit, who served as Pakistan's diplomat in New Delhi from 2014 to 2017, said that if the US were to attack Pakistan, Islamabad might consider striking Indian cities such as Mumbai and Delhi.ย  Pakistan should drop bombs on Mumbai and Delhi "Let's assume that if the…
Read More
Trump threatens to ‘hit and obliterate’ Iran’s power plants if Strait of Hormuz not opened in 48 hours

Trump threatens to ‘hit and obliterate’ Iran’s power plants if Strait of Hormuz not opened in 48 hours

Washington: US President Donald Trump issued a stark warning to Iran, threatening to launch strikes on Iranian power plants if Tehran doesn't fully open the Strait of Hormuz within 48 hours, the primary route through which oil reaches global markets.ย Trump is facing increasing pressure at home to secure the Strait as oil prices soar. 'If Iran doesn't...': Trumpย  In a social media post, Trump said the US will "hit and obliterate" Iranian power plants, beginning with the largest facility, if the key route is not "fully open, without threat" within 48 hours. "If Iran doesn't FULLY OPEN, WITHOUT THREAT, the…
Read More
Iran War LIVE Updates: Trump to hit Iranian power plants if Strait of Hormuz is not opened

Iran War LIVE Updates: Trump to hit Iranian power plants if Strait of Hormuz is not opened

New Delhi: The Israel-US-Iran war has now entered its 23rd day, and the situation remains as tense as ever. As the conflict shows no signs of de-escalating, both military and diplomatic efforts intensify, with growing concerns over its broader global implications. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has confirmed that he spoke with the mayor of Arad, describing a โ€œvery difficult eveningโ€ for the southern Israeli city following an Iranian missile strike. Emergency services in Israel have confirmed that at least 88 people were hospitalized after the attack. In response, Netanyahu announced that emergency and rescue forces will be strengthened across…
Read More
‘Glad he’s dead’: Trump reacts to death of ex-FBI chief Robert Mueller who probed his alleged Russia ties

‘Glad he’s dead’: Trump reacts to death of ex-FBI chief Robert Mueller who probed his alleged Russia ties

New Delhi: Robert S Mueller III, the former head of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and special counsel in the Russia investigation died at the age of 81. His family confirmed the news in a statement, saying he passed away on Friday night and requested privacy during this time of grief. However, US President Donald Trump reacted strongly on social media. Trump wrote, โ€œRobert Mueller just died. Good, Iโ€™m glad heโ€™s dead. He can no longer hurt innocent people.โ€ Who was Robert S Mueller? Mueller began his tenure as FBI director in 2001, just one week before the September…
Read More