World

Stay informed with World News Today Live โ€” delivering real-time global headlines, breaking news, and major updates from politics, business, technology, health, and entertainment. Catch the worldโ€™s top stories as they unfold.

Iranian missile strikes Dimona, home to Israeli nuclear facility; IRGC says revenge for Natanz attack | VIDEO

Iranian missile strikes Dimona, home to Israeli nuclear facility; IRGC says revenge for Natanz attack | VIDEO

Tel Aviv: In retaliation to the attack on its Natanz nuclear facility, Iran on Saturday launched ballistic missile in southern Israel's Dimona, which is the site of the Middle East nation's Shimon Peres Negev Nuclear Research Center, that led to a collapse of a building, leaving at least 20 people, including a 10-year-old child and a 40-year-old woman, injured. A video has also gone viral on micro-blogging website X (previously Twitter) showing the impact of the Iranian ballistic missile. In the 32-second video, a missile could be seen striking a building before a loud sound of explosion is heard. However,…
Read More
Iranian missile hits Jerusalem, just meters away from Temple Mount, Al Aqsa Mosque | VIDEO

Iranian missile hits Jerusalem, just meters away from Temple Mount, Al Aqsa Mosque | VIDEO

Jerusalem: An Iranian missile struck Jerusalem on Eid al-Fitr, landing just a few hundred metres from the Al-Aqsa Mosque, as hundreds of Muslim worshippers were forced to hold their Eid prayers outside the locked gates of the Old City, barred from entering for the first time in nearly 60 years. Israel said on Saturday that an Iranian missile had struck Jerusalem during Eid al-Fitr celebrations, just metres away from some of the holiest sites in the world for Muslims, Christians and Jews alike. "An Iranian missile struck Jerusalem during Eid al-Fitr, a few hundred meters from the holiest sites for…
Read More
Strait of Hormuz closure: Over 20 nations vow to support safe passage of ships, condemn Iran’s attacks

Strait of Hormuz closure: Over 20 nations vow to support safe passage of ships, condemn Iran’s attacks

New Delhi: More than 20 countries have expressed readiness to support efforts to ensure safe passage through the Strait of Hormuz, strongly condemning Iran over what they described as the effective closure of the critical route that carries a significant share of the worldโ€™s oil and gas. In a joint statement, 22 nations, mostly from Europe but also including the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, criticised Iran's actions in the Persian Gulf in strong terms. "We condemn in the strongest terms recent attacks by Iran on unarmed commercial vessels in the Gulf, attacks on civilian infrastructure, including oil and gas…
Read More
After US military’s F-35, Iran claims shooting down Israeli fighter jet

After US military’s F-35, Iran claims shooting down Israeli fighter jet

Tehran: Iran's military has claimed that it targeted an Israeli fighter jet on Saturday, a day after reports of an alleged attempt to shoot down a US F-35 Lightning II, amid escalating tensions in the region. According to a report by Tehran Times, Israel acknowledged that one of its fighter aircraft came under attack while operating over Iran. The Israeli military said the jet was targeted by a surface to air missile during the mission, though it did not specify the type of aircraft involved. As reported by The Times of Israel, the Israeli Air Force confirmed that the aircraft…
Read More
Iran’s Natanz nuclear facility hit in US, Israel airstrikes; no radiation leak reported

Iran’s Natanz nuclear facility hit in US, Israel airstrikes; no radiation leak reported

Tehran: Natanz nuclear enrichment facility was struck in a US-Israeli airstrike on Saturday, Iran's official news agency Mizan News Agency reported, adding that no radiation leakage was detected at the site. The strike comes as the conflict in West Asia enters its fourth week, with no signs of de-escalation. Natanz, Iranโ€™s main uranium enrichment site, had already been targeted earlier in the war, with satellite imagery showing damage to multiple structures. At the time, the International Atomic Energy Agency said there were no radiological consequences from the attack. Located about 220 kilometres southeast of Tehran, the facility has repeatedly been…
Read More
‘Will not accept ceasefire’: Iran FM warns against repeat of past conflicts

‘Will not accept ceasefire’: Iran FM warns against repeat of past conflicts

New Delhi: Iranโ€™s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi has said Tehran will not accept a ceasefire as the conflict enters its 22nd day, warning that Iran does not want a repeat of โ€œlast yearโ€™s scenario.โ€ โ€œWe welcome any initiative that can fully end this war; we are ready to listen and consider,โ€ Araghchi said. โ€œAt present, while some countries are trying to find a solution, the United States does not appear ready to halt its aggression. Therefore, we will continue to defend ourselves.โ€ He stressed that any end to the war must be โ€œcomplete and permanent,โ€ with guarantees that such a…
Read More
US grants 30-day waiver for sale of Iranian oil to ease global supply pressure triggered by Iran war

US grants 30-day waiver for sale of Iranian oil to ease global supply pressure triggered by Iran war

Washington: In a significant move amid global energy crisis, the Trump administration on Saturday issued a 30-day sanctions waiver allowing the sale of Iranian oil stranded at sea to ease global energy supply pressures triggered by the ongoingย US-Israel war with Iran. Making the announcement on X, US Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent said the move from the US administration is aimed at quickly stabilising markets by unlocking existing supply. โ€œBy temporarily unlocking this existing supply for the world, the United States will quickly bring approximately 140 million barrels of oil to global markets,โ€ he said. Scott Bessent says oil sanctions lifted…
Read More
‘Close to our objectives’: Trump says considering ‘winding down’ Iran war

‘Close to our objectives’: Trump says considering ‘winding down’ Iran war

New Delhi: US President Donald Trump has indicated that the United States may soon reduce its military involvement in the ongoing conflict with Iran. In a recent statement, he said the US is โ€œvery closeโ€ to achieving its main objectives, suggesting that the war could be entering its final stage. His remarks point to a possible shift in strategy after weeks of intense military action in the region. Trumpโ€™s claims of major military successย  Trump shed light on what he described as significant achievements by US forces. He claimed that Iranโ€™s missile strength has been weakened and its defence systems…
Read More
Iran executes teenage wrestler Saleh Mohammadi over anti-government protests

Iran executes teenage wrestler Saleh Mohammadi over anti-government protests

New Delhi: Iran carried out the execution of a 19-year-old wrestler along with two other protesters in a public hanging, according to reports from state media and human rights organisations. The executions reportedly took place in the city of Qom in the presence of a crowd. The wrestler, identified as Saleh Mohammadi, was executed alongside Saeed Davodi and Mehdi Ghasemi. Authorities had accused the three men of being involved in the killing of two police officers during protests held on January 8, 2026.ย  First executions linked to recent protestsย  These are believed to be the first executions directly connected to…
Read More
Iran targets Diego Garcia military base, fires two ballistic missiles at US, UK-operated base in Indian Ocean

Iran targets Diego Garcia military base, fires two ballistic missiles at US, UK-operated base in Indian Ocean

Tehran: Intensifying its war against the US, Iran on Saturday fired two intermediate-range ballistic missiles at Diego Garcia, a joint US-UK military base in the middle of the Indian Ocea, indicating that it has missiles with longer range than earlier thought. If confirmed, this attack would mark Iranโ€™s first operational use of IRBMs and a significant attempt to target areas far beyond the Middle East and threaten US interests. However, neither of the missiles hit the base which is 4,000 kilometers away from Iranian territory, Wall Street Journal reported, citing multiple US officials. While one of the missiles failed in…
Read More