World

Stay informed with World News Today Live โ€” delivering real-time global headlines, breaking news, and major updates from politics, business, technology, health, and entertainment. Catch the worldโ€™s top stories as they unfold.

‘No direct talks with US’: Iran rejects Trump’s 15-point peace proposal, calls it ‘unrealistic’

‘No direct talks with US’: Iran rejects Trump’s 15-point peace proposal, calls it ‘unrealistic’

Tehran: Iran has once again rejected the 15-point proposal put forth by US President Donald Trump to end the conflict in the Middle East, with country's foreign ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei calling them "unrealistic and unreasonable". He further clarified that no direct talks have been held between Washington and Tehran, and all the communication was conducted only through intermediaries.ย  "Proposals conveyed to Iran have mostly been โ€˜unrealistic, unreasonable and excessive'," he said, as reported by Al Arabiya News. Details of the 15-point peace proposal are not available yet, but Trump had earlier claimed that Iran has agreed to the conditions.…
Read More
China resumes Beijing-Pyongyang flights after six years as North Korea finally eases border controls

China resumes Beijing-Pyongyang flights after six years as North Korea finally eases border controls

Beijing: China has reinstated direct passenger flights between Beijing and Pyongyang, marking the first such service in six years and signalling a gradual reopening of North Korea after long pandemic-induced isolation. The fresh connectivity, operated by Air China, comes shortly after passenger train services between the two capitals were restored earlier this month. According to Chinese state media, the Air China flight received a warm welcome on arrival with Chinese Ambassador to North Korea Wang Yajun and other diplomats present at the airport. Passenger train services, which resumed on March 12, are also expected to boost cross-border movement that had…
Read More
12 tons of KitKat chocolates stolen in Europe, company says ‘appreciate criminals’ exceptional taste’

12 tons of KitKat chocolates stolen in Europe, company says ‘appreciate criminals’ exceptional taste’

New Delhi: In a bizarre and eye-catching theft just days before Easter, a truck loaded with thousands of KitKat chocolate bars was stolen while travelling across Europe. The incident has grabbed attention not just for its scale, but also for the unusual target of more than 12 tonnes of chocolate. Chocolate shipment goes missingย  According to the company, the truck was carrying over 4 lakh KitKat bars and had left a factory in central Italy. It was on its way to Poland when it was stolen on March 26. The vehicle, along with the entire shipment, is still missing. The…
Read More
Iran war LIVE: Trump says Iran has undergone ‘regime change’ amid ongoing conflict

Iran war LIVE: Trump says Iran has undergone ‘regime change’ amid ongoing conflict

Tehran: As the war in West Asia continues, US President Donald Trump claimed that Iran has agreed to "most of" the 15-point list of demands that the US conveyed, via Pakistan, to end the war. He said that the US is negotiating with Iran 'directly and indirectly'. "We're having very good meetings, both directly and indirectly, and I think we're getting a lot of very important points," Trump Said.ย The President said that Iran had agreed to allow 20 ships carrying oil through the Strait of Hormuz starting Monday morning and continuing over the next few days "out of a sign…
Read More
Iran warns US ground troops would be ‘set on fire’ as Pakistan steps in as mediator amid ongoing war

Iran warns US ground troops would be ‘set on fire’ as Pakistan steps in as mediator amid ongoing war

New Delhi: Pakistan on Sunday declared that it is preparing to host a dialogue between the United States and Iran as the month-long conflict continues to intensify across the region. Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar said Islamabad was "very happy that both Iran and the US have expressed their confidence" in its ability to facilitate discussions, The Associated Press (AP) reported. Although diplomats from Turkey, Egypt and Saudi Arabia attended meetings in Islamabad, they left the country later in the day, and there was no immediate confirmation from Washington or Tehran on whether the talks would be direct or indirect. Despite…
Read More
Indian worker killed in Kuwait after Iranian drone attack on major power and water desalination plant

Indian worker killed in Kuwait after Iranian drone attack on major power and water desalination plant

New Delhi: An Indian worker lost his life and a key service building at a major power and desalination plant sustained heavy damage following Iranian strikes on Sunday evening. Kuwaitโ€™s Ministry of Electricity, Water and Renewable Energy said. The ministry's spokesperson said the attack targeted a service structure within the facility, resulting in the worker's death and "significant material damage" to the site.ย Emergency and technical teams were rushed in immediately under the country's approved response plans, news agency ANI reported.ย  Authorities said teams were working in close coordination with security agencies to stabilise operations and secure the affected area. The…
Read More
‘Favourite thing is to take the oil in Iran’: Trump signals seizure of Kharg Island

‘Favourite thing is to take the oil in Iran’: Trump signals seizure of Kharg Island

Washington: US President Donald Trump said that he wants to "take the oil in Iran" and suggested that Washington could capture Kharg Island, the country's main oil terminal in the Persian Gulf, as thousands of American troops are stationed in the Middle Eastย amid the widening US-Israeli war against Tehran. In an interview with the Financial Times on Sunday, Trump said, "To be honest with you, my favourite thing is to take the oil in Iran, but some stupid people back in the US say: 'Why are you doing that?' But theyโ€™re stupid people." Such a move could involve seizing Kharg…
Read More
Israel’s Netanyahu orders expansion of security zone in Lebanon: Iran, Hezbollah and Hamas are ‘battered enemies’

Israel’s Netanyahu orders expansion of security zone in Lebanon: Iran, Hezbollah and Hamas are ‘battered enemies’

Tel Aviv: Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Sunday that he has ordered the country's military to 'expand' the security zone in Lebanon to neutralise the threats posed by Iran-backed Hezbollah militants. This comes after he made an assessment of the situation with top officials at the northern command headquarters of the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) in Safed. In a video message to the country, Netanyahu said Hezbollah still has residual capability to fire rockets against Israel. Through the widening of the operations, the Israeli prime minister said, the country's military will attempt to thwart anti-tank missiles fired at…
Read More
Airstrikes disrupt border life as Iranians cross into Iraq for essentials and internet

Airstrikes disrupt border life as Iranians cross into Iraq for essentials and internet

Tehran: An early morning airstrike on the Iranian side of the Shalamcha border crossing caused a temporary halt in trade and power supply on Sunday, according to local officials. The incident, which took place at around 3 am, briefly affected movement and commercial activity between Iran and southern Iraq. Haider Abdul Samad, deputy director of the crossing, said electricity was cut following the strike, forcing a pause in operations for several hours. Power was later restored by mid-morning, allowing trade and border activities to resume. This is not the first such incident since the conflict began. Abdul Samad noted that…
Read More
Iran claims destroying US E-3 Sentry AWACS in Saudi Air Base as conflict continues | VIDEO

Iran claims destroying US E-3 Sentry AWACS in Saudi Air Base as conflict continues | VIDEO

Riyadh: Amid speculations of the US planning a ground operation in Iran, Tehran on Sunday claimed that it has destroyed an Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) aircraft of the American military in Saudi Arabia. The strike had happened on Friday at the Prince Sultan Air Base in Al Kharj. Images and videos, including those released by Iranian media, have also gone viral on micro-blogging platform X (formerly Twitter), showing the destroyed E-3 Sentry at the Prince Sultan Air Base. As of now, the US or Saudi authorities have not confirmed the Iranian claims.ย  However, quoting an official, The Wall…
Read More