World

Stay informed with World News Today Live โ€” delivering real-time global headlines, breaking news, and major updates from politics, business, technology, health, and entertainment. Catch the worldโ€™s top stories as they unfold.

‘Remember these criminals’: Iran releases images of US Navy officials responsible Minab school strike

‘Remember these criminals’: Iran releases images of US Navy officials responsible Minab school strike

Tehran: Iran on Sunday publicly identified the two US Navy soldiers who were responsible for a missile strike on an elementary school in Minab that claimed the lives of more than 170 people, mostly children, which further soared the tensions between Tehran and Washington. The names and images of the American officials were revealed by Iranian Embassies in South Africa, India and other nations.ย  The Iranian Embassies, in their posts on X (previously Twitter), asked if the US Navy officials don't have their own children and if they would be able to "sleep at night with this". "Remember these two…
Read More
Iran’s fiery threat as Trump weighs ground invasion: ‘US troops would be food for Persian Gulf sharks’

Iran’s fiery threat as Trump weighs ground invasion: ‘US troops would be food for Persian Gulf sharks’

Tehran: Iran has issued a stark warning to the United States amid reports that Washington is mulling a ground invasion as tensions escalate in the Middle East. In a video message, Ebrahim Zolfaqari, a Brigadier General and spokesperson for Iranโ€™s Khatam al-Anbiya Central Headquarters, claimed that Donald Trump was under pressure from Israel due to the Epstein controversy. He warned that any misadventure, including a land invasion or plans to occupy certain islands, would be met with a strong response from Tehran. In strongly worded remarks, Zolfaqari said that American forces would โ€œbecome good food for the sharks of the…
Read More
Seizing Kharg, raids near Strait of Hormuz: Inside Pentagon’s blueprint for ‘weeks of ground ops’ in Iran

Seizing Kharg, raids near Strait of Hormuz: Inside Pentagon’s blueprint for ‘weeks of ground ops’ in Iran

Washington: Though President Donald Trump has repeatedly claimed that the United States (US) has nearly achieved its objectives in Iran, his administration is planning weeks of 'ground operations' in the Middle East nation, a report by the Washington Post claimed. However, it will unlikely be a full scale invasion, and instead will focus on raids and seizing key areas.ย  Citing US officials, the report said the plan is yet to received Trump's approval and it remains 'uncertain' whether he will grant his permission. It is worth mentioning that the US has deployed an additional 3,500 soldiers, including sailors and marines…
Read More
Pakistan Deputy PM Ishaq Dar stumbles during welcome ceremony for Egyptian Foreign Minister | Video

Pakistan Deputy PM Ishaq Dar stumbles during welcome ceremony for Egyptian Foreign Minister | Video

Islamabad: Pakistanโ€™s Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister, Ishaq Dar, had an unexpected moment on Saturday after he briefly lost his footing during an official ceremony in Islamabad. The incident occurred while he was welcoming Egyptโ€™s Foreign Minister, Badr Abdelatty, for high-level talks. As Dar stepped forward on a ceremonial carpet to greet his counterpart, he suddenly slipped and fell, creating a short moment of concern among officials present. The fall appeared accidental and lasted only a few seconds. People standing nearby quickly moved in to assist him. Dar was helped back on his feet and he continued with the…
Read More
Israel-Iran War Live Updates: Three journalists killed in Israeli strike in Lebanon, reports

Israel-Iran War Live Updates: Three journalists killed in Israeli strike in Lebanon, reports

Tehran: As United States is preparing for a ground invasion with around 3,500 American troops had arrived in the Middle East, the Iranโ€™s English-language daily Tehran Times carried a stark warning to Washington on Saturday. The front page headline read, "Welcome To Hellโ€, alongside a warning that any US troops entering Iranian soil would "leave only in a coffin".ย  The messaging comes amid reports that Washington may be weighing the deployment of up to 10,000 additional troops to the region, fuelling speculation that the conflict could escalate into a possible ground operation inside Iran. Earlier, the US Central Command said…
Read More
Russia took satellite images of US airbase in Saudi days before Iranian strikes, claims Zelenskyy

Russia took satellite images of US airbase in Saudi days before Iranian strikes, claims Zelenskyy

Kyiv: Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has claimed Russia captured satellite images of a key US airbase in Saudi Arabia multiple times in the days leading up to an Iranian strike, injuring at least 15 American soldiers. The attack on March 27 on the Prince Sultan Air Base included at least six ballistic missiles and 29 drones, according to Associated Press. Zelenskyy shares timeline of satellite images and strike In a post on X, Zelenskyy shared a summary of Ukrainian intelligence, claiming that Russia's satellites captured images of multiple United States and allied installations across the Middle East between March 24…
Read More
‘Put down the crown, clown’: Anti-Trump rallies with slogans ‘No Kings’ draw crowds across US, Europe

‘Put down the crown, clown’: Anti-Trump rallies with slogans ‘No Kings’ draw crowds across US, Europe

Washington: Large crowds took to streets on Saturday in US and Europe against the US President Donald Trump's actions in Iran. The "No Kings" rallies witnessed huge crowds, with Minnesota took center stage to celebrate resistance to Trump's aggressive immigration enforcement.ย US organisers have estimated that the first two rounds of No Kings rallies drew more than 5 million people in June and 7 million in October. This week they told reporters they expected 9 million participants on Saturday, though it was too early to tell whether those expectations were met, as reported by news agency AP.ย  Organisers said more than…
Read More
North Korea tests high-thrust missile engine capable of targeting US mainland

North Korea tests high-thrust missile engine capable of targeting US mainland

Pyongyang (North Korea): North Korean leader Kim Jong Un oversaw the test of a high-thrust solid-fuel engine, describing it as a significant step toward strengthening the country's strategic military capabilities, according to state media reports on Sunday. The development is seen as part of North Korea's efforts to expand and modernise its missile arsenal, including systems capable of reaching the United States mainland. The report by Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) comes days after Kim addressed North Korea's parliament, vowing to irreversibly establish the country as a nuclear power. In his speech, he also accused the United States of engaging…
Read More
Will JD Vance be the next US President? CPAC’s straw poll hints

Will JD Vance be the next US President? CPAC’s straw poll hints

Washington: For the second year in a row, US Vice President JD Vance is the most preferred Presidential choice, as per the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) straw poll. At the four-day conference this year, the attendees were asked about their top choice for Republican nominee in the 2028 presidential race. JD Vance received 53 per cent of the votes, with 1,600 attendees voted in favour of him, while US Secretary of State Marco Rubio bagged 35 per cent of the votes.ย  Last year, Vance topped the list securing 61 per cent of the votes, followed by Steve Bannon (former…
Read More
US deploys 3,500 marine troops, amphibious assault ship to Middle East as war against Iran intensifies

US deploys 3,500 marine troops, amphibious assault ship to Middle East as war against Iran intensifies

Washington: As the conflict involving Iran intensifies, the United States has ramped up its military presence in West Asia, deploying around 3,500 marines and sailors aboard the USS Tripoli (LHA-7), which has now reached its designated operational zone. According to US Central Command (CENTCOM), the forces arrived on March 27 aboard the USS Tripoli (LHA 7). The move marks the deployment of one of America's largest amphibious assault ships into an active combat theatre amid the ongoing conflict. The vessel had set sail from its home base in Japan before arriving in the region. USS Tripoli most modern vessels in…
Read More